This weekend was my brother Charlie's wedding. Ted was the ring bearer. He got to wear a little brown tuxedo and was so proud to look so handsome. During the rehearsal, Ted didn't want to walk down the aisle. But about halfway through, he decided that he wanted to "get married." So, I showed him that getting married meant walking down the aisle.
On the big day, he got to the head of the aisle and freaked. I told him that it was ok if he ran. Ben was pastoring the wedding and knelt down up front. Ted took off down the aisle and fast as his little legs would carry him. Now when we ask him about the weekend, he says that he "got mawwied" and "runnd" down the aisle.
It was an eventful weekend. The best part was the pump breaking on the well at my parents house - no water. None. Ben performed his first wedding and did a fabulous job. He was also the DJ. A man of many talents.
Charlie's reception was one of the most fun things for me. It was amazing to watch him and his friends - some that he had known all his life. In their relationships, I saw guys who would give their right arm for one another. And all that country music!!! You know how sometimes you take a mental picture in your head and it's something you won't forget? Well, I don't think I'll ever forget Charlie and his friends, standing in the middle of the dance floor, holding up their beer cups, singing the Morgantown song
On the big day, he got to the head of the aisle and freaked. I told him that it was ok if he ran. Ben was pastoring the wedding and knelt down up front. Ted took off down the aisle and fast as his little legs would carry him. Now when we ask him about the weekend, he says that he "got mawwied" and "runnd" down the aisle.
It was an eventful weekend. The best part was the pump breaking on the well at my parents house - no water. None. Ben performed his first wedding and did a fabulous job. He was also the DJ. A man of many talents.
Charlie's reception was one of the most fun things for me. It was amazing to watch him and his friends - some that he had known all his life. In their relationships, I saw guys who would give their right arm for one another. And all that country music!!! You know how sometimes you take a mental picture in your head and it's something you won't forget? Well, I don't think I'll ever forget Charlie and his friends, standing in the middle of the dance floor, holding up their beer cups, singing the Morgantown song
No comments:
Post a Comment