Thursday, August 20, 2009

everything is still here

My kids are THRILLED to be home. It's like they've turned into new little people. Since we've been home, Ted has rediscovered pretty much every toy and book he's had for years but not played with. He continues to tell me that "everything is still here, Mommy." I guess he didn't understand that we were coming back home. He has been so polite, kind, cordial and content. Ted has also learned the use of the word "may." May I do this, may I do that. But he also says, "Mommy, may you untie my shoes? May you get me some milk?" I've tried saying, "It's may I, will you" but he really doesn't care. At least he's being polite.

Sophie is happy as a lark and perfectly content to toddle around the house. We close the doors of the rooms we don't want her in and she's free to roam. She pushes her baby stroller around a lot and basically just walks around all day. I think she gets in several miles in our small little house. It's so darling!

And both of them are sleeping like crazy! After six weeks of getting up between 6:00-6:30 (which is not normal for them), they've been sleeping till at least 8:30 everyday. Yesterday, Sophie got up at 9:15! That's a lifetime record for her. It has changed the way my day works and I think this will be the start of dropping Sophie's morning nap. I'm really ready for that.

So, everything is still here, everyone is chipper and content, and we're SO THANKFUL to be home!

1 comment:

Jaclyn and Tyler said...

So glad you are home and sane. Great talking to you yesterday. Keep me in the loop with updates!