Friday, November 6, 2009

barf!

Ben came home at 1:00 pm on Tuesday and gave me an afternoon by myself. It was a great afternoon. Shopping, pedicure, Panera, reading . . . being by MYSELF. The plan was to top off the evening with date night.

I got home around 5:45 to Ted in the recliner with his "puke up bowl." He had been throwing up for several hours. Ben had fielded the first major blowup and subsequent smaller ones - while also keeping Sophie out of everything. So, we cancelled date night and settled in to the uproars about every 20-30 minutes. Around 9:30pm I started heading for the toilet. So I gave up my role as assistant to the sick boy and climbed in bed myself. Thankfully, mine was a little more mild than Ted's. More like what Sophie had last week. Ted continued until about 2:00 am.

Ben was (and always is) my hero!

2 comments:

WVmedicgirl said...

Aww!! Feel better soon!!

thesawhooks said...

We had it too! No FUN - hoping we're done for the winter! :)