Sunday, January 3, 2010

a new stage




This picture represents so much more than you will ever know. I took it a few weeks ago. It was after dinner one day. Ted and Sophie spent well over 30 minutes pushing those two red trucks around the house, play and chasing each other. They laughed and played w/o a need for me to mediate or help. And then, I said, "Can you guys sit down and I'll take your picture?" Sophie plopped herself right there on the floor and said, "Cheese!" It was wonderful.

Sophie has entered one of my favorite stages. It's where I can watch the wheels turning and see her learning and processing new things daily. She's learning words and using them. She's communicating her needs and wants in her own special ways. She has to go to time out in her crib now - and she knows when she's done something wrong. She'll hit Ted and then turn around and look at me and show me that she's supossed to be gentle by gently touching her face. She was even "singing" in the car with all of us tonight. I LOVE watching them learn. I love watching it happen daily. It's so amazing to see the strides that they take so very quickly.



This is just a random picture of our snowman from the big snow before Christmas. It did a backbend as it melted and eventually fell over. Ted thought it was hilarious!

No comments: