- We had a whopping 3 days of school this week. I had prepared the kids for 5 days until it snowed another who knows how much on Wednesday into Thursday. Friday was cancelled too - I'm really not sure why. The funny thing was Tuesday and Wednesday mornings it was about 4 degrees. Earlier in the month we had school delayed or cancelled at the exact same temps. Sophie got off the bus Wednesday crying because she was exhausted from 3 days in row. It snowed another 3ish inches last night. You really can't tell anymore. The only nice thing about all this snow is that we have had snow on the ground since the beginning of January. I don't remember the last time it's stayed around this long.
- Ted and I are glued to the Winter Olympics. I'm thrilled that he has taken the interest and that we watch it together. The Summer Olympics are by far my favorite, but I don't feel guilty being inside watching tv in the winter. Anytime we are home, we are tuned into some station watching whatever happens to be on. We have seen a LOT of curling and I still have no idea what it is, but it's fascinating to watch. We have been especially intrigued by the biatholon and the skeleton. Seriously, zooming down a frozen slide at 80 mph head first. No thank you. Really, all that speed skiing, slope style and long jumping - it's all crazy! Winter Olympics I feel like are a little more extreme. Either way, I'm LOVING it and will have no regrets when these Olympics are over that I didn't watch enough.
- Sophie has recently taken up residence in Ted's room. She has moved her pillow, stuffed animals and tissue box (for the occasional bloody nose) to the top bunk. The girl has no temperature gauge in her body. While the rest of us are dressed in layers, she is dressed in her summer nightgown. Or, for instance, this morning she watched an entire movie in just her underwear. No robe. No blanket. No nothing. We slept in and they were up early, so when they came upstairs to wake us up and she crawled in bed, she was freezing and really had no thought of it.
- Snow Days 13 & 14 the kids stayed home and we didn't play with friends. Ben and I switched out for time to work. So today when we woke up and saw that it snowed some more, we had to get out of the house. We decided to walk the trails at White Park (along with all the other neighborhood families). It was absolutely beautiful and a lot of snow to hike through. Millie went with us. She ran and played hard in deep snow. She hasn't moved since about 4pm and is pretty stiff. She turned 11 last week and still likes to play like she's 5. The fact that the kids didn't feed her when we were out this evening and she didn't really care is pretty impressive.
This is foreshadowing of how Sophie felt about 15 minutes into our walk.
And some other catch up pictures:
Sophie's thoughts on the Super Bowl.
We have spent a significant amount of time the Wow Factory over the last 6 weeks. We have added a bowl and mug to our "My Special Day" place setting and made some ornaments for next Christmas.
Lilly paints about 50/50 table and whatever it is that she's painting.
Sophie as catching snow on her tongue. This was last Saturday when snow was trying to melt.
The Kozels came over to watch WVU basketball and eat dinner. The boys playing some xBox.
I am super intrigued to find out weather statistics specifically for the past 6 weeks, but I can't find it anywhere. Mainly I'm looking for snowfall amounts, temperature records and average temperature for the year 2014 so far. Perhaps I can't quite figure out the right combination to search online. Either way, if you know of some secret website, I would love to know it. Next week we may hit 50 degrees. Get your swimming suits and flip flops out people - we're about to have a heat wave.











No comments:
Post a Comment