Monday, March 9, 2015

winter books

Now that it's officially Spring (or it's been about 50 degrees for two days in a row), I officially put this set of books into my Winter pile. Keep in mind we were on sabbatical and I had a lot of free time on my heands.


What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
I read this book in St. Lucia and LOVED it. It's about a woman who falls at the gym, hits her head and forgets the last 10 years of her life. She woke up thinking she was madly in love with her husband, pregnant with their first child and loving life. When in reality she was in the middle of a terrible divorce with three kids who she didn't even remember. Her life was total chaos. Although this book is fiction, it really makes you think. She really couldn't understand how she had gotten to the spot in life where she was because it was everything she intended not to be. It was kind of appropriate to read on an anniversary trip and thinking about who we had become and where we are in life and that we're thankful for that. You should just read it. 

Cold Tangerines by Shauna Neiquest
This book is full of essays about real life. They are like reading a good friends blog. I'm working my way through some of her other books.


Simplify - Bill Hybels
We listed to this sermon series. The first 3 are great and have been real game changers for us.

Breathe by Beth Moore
The past couple years Beth Moore has done a teaching series and then published it. It's a 6-week series about the Holy Spirit that went along perfectly of what I was reading in "Forgotten God."


Freefall to Fly by Rebekah Lyons
This is a book about a woman's battle with and victory over anxiety and depression. I've really enjoyed reading memoir type books lately.


Speak by Nish Weiseith
This book is about how we all have a story and how we all need to tell ours. Our stories matter and have an impact on others. It was an easy read on one of our flights.


Forgotten God by Francis Chan



Loved, loved, loved this book. You should read it. I read it with my Monday night girls and I'm so thankful we read it together. The Holy Spirit is tricky, and this was so helpful in thinking and understanding.

No comments: