- A big thing on the horizon is a brand new Young Life Camp here in the great state of West Virginia. Young Life has options to purchase several pieces of land on the Gauley River Gorge that will be the next premier Young Life Resort. We've raised $3.75 million of the $5 million needed to purchase the land by this Summer. This is a BIG DEAL for Young Life, West Virginia and YL in West Virginia. We are part of some fundraising events happening and it is huge and fun and awesome!
- In way less exciting news, Spring has sprung and it is AWESOME! We have some new kids in our end of the neighborhood which is great for everyone. Our basketball hoop in the back alley has become an after school gathering place. Bikes and scooters are all over the neighborhood and I love it.
- Lent is over so I'm back to social media and Ben is back on the Diet Coke. Much less than before for both of us I'm happy to report. The kids gave up sweets for approximately 4 days of Lent. They gave it a valiant effort - kind of.
- I have been working on a huge project at church called "Church Has Left the Building" (CLB). We totally stole the idea from our sister church River Ridge in Charleston and Teays Valley. On May 3rd, instead of having our two services, we're going into the community to serve at over 30 projects for various people and organizations. I'm the chief of that so it's been a big undertaking - especially for the first year of it. I'm really and excited (and nervous) about the whole thing.
- March Madness is over. It was a good one this year. If Wisconsin would've won the championship, I would've won the brackets with all the leaders. Oh well. Ted got 2nd I believe. Some highlights from our basketball days were:
- Ted about a coach: "Oh man, I just read that guys lips."
- Sophie: "Do they call it March Madness because people get mad at their brackets?"
- The Lowe's commercials
- The Barles Charkley & Mars Blackman commercial
- Letting Ted stay up late a LOT to watch games.
- Sophie has become the expiration date police on absolutely everything. Really, we don't have enough refrigerator or cabinet space that anything sits too long to go bad. I'm kind of fascinated by this new side of her.
- Way too many times lately I've wanted to pin a note to my kids' clothes that says, "Dear Everyone, I gave them the weather report. They dressed themselves."
- Ted had his 2nd round of strep throat for the winter and a 3 day knock-out by the flu. We made it until March without any sickness. I call that a raging success.
We were in New Martinsville for about 24 hours over Easter. They kids made some serious cash on several egg hunts and even had some wildlife carry off eggs left out too long.
This tree fell in my parents backyard so they had some fun posing for some pictures.
Ben got to hang with Henry at the state basketball tournament.
The kid's facial expressions are priceless.
Do you see my calender from Saturday, March 21st?
"Nothing planned. Tap to create."
We had TWO Saturdays like that in March. It was amazing.
That's my Walmart Savings Catcher. We're friends.
Coloring some Easter eggs. Ted has since received a haircut - it was a little out of control for awhile.
We got to hang out with sweet baby Reed in New Martinsville.
The kids sure do love him!
And they love his toys too.
My brother is a great dad. I sure am proud of him.
Sophie had to do a timeline at school of major life events in her short 6.5 years. Cutting her hair off for locks of love was one of them. I honestly was shocked to remember how long it used to be. This is when she was when she was 3.5.
Oh my gosh - this face!
So here we are, the middle of April. We paid WV state taxes yesterday, have turned off the furnace and are outside every chance we get.





1 comment:
great update...great little family...great people you are.
I love savings catcher too, laughed about the note with the kids/weather and could also use one for our kids and I would have won my bracket if WV would have won! :)
Post a Comment