May is the new December. And it's killer.
Unrelated to pictures:
- Sophie is a real life Snickers commercial these days. I'm not sure I will weather middle school very well at this rate.
- I love Downton Abbey. I binge watched the entire 3rd season a couple of weekends ago when Ben was out of town. I watched an entire season AFTER my kids were in bed on Friday and Saturday nights. I was up till the wee hours of the morning. I had to take a break for awhile because I was getting way too invested. Season 4 awaits though.
- Millie is shedding so bad. If I miss a day of vacuuming, I could automatically be a vacuum cleaner commercial where you SEE the path of the vacuum through the floor. It's so gross. And she really can't hear very well anymore.
In no particular order . . .
We had our senior night and said good-bye (to some, not all) of our senior leaders. This is a special class and we love them so much. It was fun to celebrate them.

Tanner (YL WVU), Ron (YL WVU), Rusty (YL WVU), Zach (YL WVU), Ryan (Lincoln HS)
Laura (YL WVU), Allison (YL WVU), Hillarie (East Fairmont HS), Morgan (East Fairmont HS), Katie (Morgantown HS)
Our committee made goodie bags for the kids for their finals.
We went to Charleston for about 4 hours for Emily Santen's graduation party.
Ted got to hang with his old buddies Ben and Gavin.
Sophie re-met Ivy. When they were younger they looked a lot alike and people confused them all the time. It seems they've grown out of that.
We brought home some goldfish as prizes from the games. Katie kicked the bucket on the third day in our house. Sophie cried for about a minute and then moved on. Spike is still kicking.
Ben and Andy did a hoe-down and a square dance for the party. Super fun!
Clay-Battelle High School had an end of the year picnic that involved shaving cream, flour bombs, and "muck". Ted got to drive the 4x4. Big moment.
We hit up a couple WVU Baseball games during the season. The new ball park is pretty cool.
Couldn't flip this one
I love you because you snuggle.
Speaking the girls physical touch love language.
The first week of May was HOT (upper 80's, lower 90's). Compared to the first couple of days of June which wer in the 60's.
This was opening day of baseball.
Sophie found the teeniest bit of shade behind the dugout to beat the heat.
While Ben and Ted were flinging muck at each other at the CBHS end of the year picnic after Ted's opening game, Sophie and I hit the Saturday night service and the Poky Dot for a milkshake.
On Mother's Day (and several other days) we hit the rail trail for some bike riding.
My Mother's Day present: a detailed van. That's what I asked for! There's nothing like getting in a clean vehicle. Oh my gosh.
Sophie is the master of the monkey bars. It's actually kind of impressive.
And Ted loves to do obstacle courses on the rail trail park.
And in other news:
Sheetz is taking over the world. Or at least Morgantown. They are currently constructing Sheetz # SIX and SEVEN. Two of the (old) Sheetz are less than 1/4 mile apart. It's really impressive or unbelievable - whichever way you choose to look at it. The good news is, Sheetz #6 will be walking distance from our house.
So there you have it. Baseball season is in full swing for Ted. Ben is helping coach. Young Life has slowed down in the week to week stuff, but we've already had one camp trip and three more to go. I finished up Church Has Left the Building and went straight into Big Kick Soccer Camp. We (Young Life in West Virgina and nationally) are in the $1 million of a $5 million fundraising campaign to buy property near Summersville to build the next Young Life Camp. We are getting more and more involved with that. So, like I said at the beginning, May is the new December - and I'm tired and summer hasn't even started yet.

















No comments:
Post a Comment