This is a good example of my life these days:
I will preface my story by saying that Friday I went to Aldi (on the first day of the month, no less) and then finished up my grocery shopping Saturday afternoon at Walmart (another mistake, but whatever).
Saturday we had a lovely dinner as a family. Sunday was a Young Life event with dinner. Monday, I looked at the white board in my kitchen where I list the meals I shopped for that week to decide what we're having. Pasta and meatballs - missing the sauce. Chicken and asparagus stir fry - out of rice. Tortellini - no broccoli. I was down to chicken fingers and mac and cheese. And waffles. Awesome. To top it all off, we're out of toilet paper. That time I spent at Aldi and Walmart was obviously a total and complete waste of my time.
So, here's some catch up pictures and things happening around here:
I have a brand new love and affection for HGTV, especially for Fixer Upper. I've never watched HGTV a day in my life until about 2 months ago. How have I been missing this? We have friends renovating a house, so I call them Flip and Flop. And Ted gets so agitated by Love It or List It. He thinks those people are so selfish.
I am currently taking two classes to renew my teaching certificate. Blech. The last time I wrote a lesson plan was approximately 2003. You could say I'm a little bit rusty and have little (read: no) motivation to do any of it.
In other news:
We recently put a used car in Ted's mouth . . .
. . . in the form of braces. It only took us two whole days to need to go back to the orthodontist with issues. After that we seem to be adjusting. Except for the payments. But whatever. Our orthodontist described Ted's mouth as jacked up and a hot mess. He is missing one tooth and has half of another tooth. So when all is said and done he will end up with a bridge or a couple of implants. I am very, very thankful for orthodontic insurance.
Moving over to other insurances . . .
Two windstorms ago, Ted's basketball hoop blew over onto the van. We had moved the portable basketball hoop out front so Ted and the neighborhood boys could play during the winter on the street. Which they did every single day - even when it was freezing. We usually have it in the alley which has grass underneath it and is just muddy and gross all winter. So, Gary Pap made a new backboard out of plywood. I don't want plywood falling on the cars so the hoop is back in the alley.
Also, the van turned over 100,000 miles. We've put about 25,000 miles a year on it. Me not driving to Fairmont 4-5 days a week has really helped cut down on that a lot. And since it's been nice we walk to the Young Life office most days.
This was one of our last basketball games. These two have decided they're having a joint family birthday party this year.
Leadership about a month ago.
This was team leader breakfast one morning. Ha!

Carlyn came to Morgantown for her spring break. So the cousins got to hang for a little bit.
One Saturday we had nothing to do. Wait, what?! So Ted got a crazy idea to clean his room, dust his shelves and clean out all sorts of things. He saw it through to the end.
Then Sophie decided she wanted to clean her room. And it made me want to cry.
I have threatened Ben and Sophie that I'm going to take Sophie's room and let them share a room. I can't handle their "collecting" (read: hoarding).
This kid and that monkey. Cracks me up every single night.
We finished up a great basketball season. The end got a little crazy being the championship in two different leagues on the same day. Second place in both leagues. We had a great team and coach, parents and siblings. It was a great season.
We even got some cheerleading in on the tail end of the season.
We went to see Zootopia - not that you can tell from this picture. This just happened to be in the movie theater lobby. Zootopia was a great movie and we all really liked it. Not sure we'll see Angry Birds. But this set was pretty cool.
I had an incident with my toe. (Please excuse the my winterized toenails.) Oh my gosh! This was about 2 weeks ago. It hurt so bad and the top of my foot is still really tender.
So that gets us partially caught up. I totally should be working on my classes or figuring out what major ingredient I'm missing for tomorrow's dinner. But instead I'm watching Fixer Uppers Favorite Houses and Bloopers and eating my dinner of nachos and salsa at 9:45 pm. I guess that means we're having waffles tomorrow.


















1 comment:
yuck to the toe. jack could move in with sophie and Ben--he's a hoarder too! i love fixer upper too! they crack me up! sad about the basketball hoop, but at least they are playing outside! julie's boys love the cooking shows too and i hate renewing my nursing license! so i can sympathize with you there. as for braces--jacks mouth is a mess too..so soon we'll be in that boat with you.
thanks for the update! love hearing about my friends lives...
Post a Comment