Monday, August 21, 2017

saranac 2017: the team

So these are random pictures I want to remember when this pops up in my memories next year on Facebook. 

Tony, Milosh, Tina & Sergent Bear

Ben's guitar broke. This was the day they glued it back together.
 

And then 48 hours later they played it. And it worked. It looks like garbage, but it sounds good!

Andrew's debut in the opera, playing the role of his dad. He KILLED it. Andrew was also pretty popular around camp.

Just waiting for the run on at meals.


Code Names was the game of the month. It was an ongoing competition, always girls vs. guys. Girls crushed the guys. Not even close. 


Just a bear and his breakfast. My kids say that Sergent Bear's cranky personality kind of was a good character for Ben to "play."

We had a worship band one week for our weekly worship. So cool.


You really never want to set off the smoke alarm in the Guide House and everyone knows it.



Brad turned the gas grill into a charcoal grill and smoked some pork one week for the A-Team party. Check out Tim on the right. He was mesmerized by the whole thing!


Girls boat trip. Always a highlight. It was rainy and overcast the two hours we were on the lake. The rest of the day? Beautiful. Figures.

 JB, Ben, Molly & Kirk in action.

I generally looked like garbage all month. Who doesn't when they walk 26,000 steps a day and clean all the bathrooms. One day I fixed my hair and put on real clothes. You would've thought I was Cinderella.


These two have been Ted's favorites since forever.

There's a certain picture that tends to circulate this time of year of Kirk and I circa 1995 at a Snowball Dance in high school. We're hoping this picture could possibly replace it. I'm seriously doubting that it will. But I like to think that we've both aged well.

We had some killer assignment team parties. This particular party had NC BBQ, WV pepperoni rolls and OH Skyline Chili dip.


It's hard to say good bye to people you love. This was our last picture of the month. Sophie was already crying and she cried all the way to Tupper Lake. I feel ya sister!

So, there you have it. A month in review. The funny thing is, I missed a lot of these moments. It made me sad in some ways. But I am thankful for the role I played in being a work crew boss and serving alongside some of the most stellar high school kids I've ever met. It's an honor and a privilege to serve at YL camp, no matter what your role. I'm grateful for the role I was asked to do.



No comments: