Playing major, major catch up here . . . like from 9 weeks ago!
After we got back from Saranac, we jumped back into summer. I essentially spent those days just playing with the kids. I missed such a large chunk of the summer with them that I needed to play and engage with them with my full attention.
And unpack.

And get the yard back in shape.
We had one week with the Kozels before they left for 2 weeks of vacation. Of course we couldn't overlap our weeks apart in any way! So we spent everyday for 6 days with them. Playing at their house, going hiking (Joanna took the kids that day so I could do a little catch up work and unpack), the VA pool in Clarksburg, sleepovers, bowling and anything else we could think of.
Friends from Fairmont and the Kozels on the lazy river at the pool in Clarksburg. We love, love, love that pool and always go a couple of times at the end of summer.
The purple slide is my personal fave!
We go in spurts of seeing the Underdonks. The last week before school started we got to see them bunches.
These days were good for me and good for the kids. We really missed each other which is good to know and realize, and not always the case.


















No comments:
Post a Comment