We are starting our 8th year in Morgantown. (How in the world is that happening?!??) I had a whole big huge thing written about fall and the last seven years and all that every fall has been each year. But it's too much, a little too personal and some places a little too tender. Suffice it to say, fall brings a low grade anxiety in the recent years for me and I'm working through that and what causes it and praying that this fall is a bit of a relief and redeeming. Because fall really is an amazing time of year and I want to enjoy it instead of survive it.
School started on August 17th. The first two weeks of August were really kind of cool when I wanted to be at the pool. Then as soon as school started it got hot. Boo! Ted started middle school. It hurts my mom heart a bit. I wasn't sure how he would make the adjustment but seems to be doing well. I'm proud of him and the work he's putting into school. Sophie loves her teacher this year so that's great and always a total bonus.
Joanna drops Wyatt off every morning on her way to school and then the boys walk to school together. I love it. They still want Ben or I to walk with them so we will do it it as long as they don't mind.
The lunar eclipse was at the beginning of school. In classic fashion, I waited until the last minute to look for eclipse glasses and no one had any. So we made our own eclipse viewers with cereal boxes.
Which ended up being a huge bust. Ben, Heath and I picked up Sam and Ted at school and tried to watch it at the park. The glasses would have been waaaaaaaay better. I mean 100% better. What we had was so ghetto. Watching it on tv was pretty darn awesome though.
My sister, Sara, came for three days at the beginning of September. She brought her sewing machine and she and Sophie made a blanket together. They went shopping for all the materials, Sophie learned how to use the sewing machine and they took two evenings to make it. It was so great!
Sara also taught Ted some yoga and gave him some good book recommendations for his lots of reading for Language Arts this year.
Ted is running cross country. He doesn't care for all the running! Hahahaha! He's ok but much prefers the social aspect of it. There are impressive amounts of kids at each middle school in the county running cross country to the meets are big huge social events for kids and parents.
Sophie is playing the violin in the strings class at school. I did everything in my power to talk her out of it. (Trust me, I know who I'm working with here.) But alas, here we are. She already doesn't like it.
Rusty was over one evening and gave it a little try.
Sam comes over most Wednesdays after school. On this particular Wednesday, they helped me make 15 boxes of jello for MHS club.
We were one of the MANY contributions to make this:
I went to Beth Moore simulcast with LeeAnn, Gabe, Cole & Janell. I do love Beth Moore!
Meanwhile, Ben had the kids at our house watching football all day.
We had a big event to kick off phase 2 of Wild Ridge. I collect mugs from all the Young Life camps and this one is by far my favorite. Not even close.
Ted & Wyatt walking to school.
Gosh this was so long ago! The night before school started, Ben took Ted out for wings and to a Black Bears game. The Sizicks were at the game too. Ted, Cooper & Sam are great friends and it is a blessing all the way around to have them here in Morgantown.
Ted watching the WVU/VT game. I read a book during the game. Ted was 100% appalled.
Sophie made us apples and caramel as a game snack. That is supposedly the flying WV.
Ben went to the VT/WVU game with the Allevato's. Field passes and all!
We had a regional meeting in McDowell County. Wow! It was a blessing to see where people in our state are doing ministry. So glad we made the (very long) trip!
Ben got poison ivy pretty bad. Nothing a little steroids won't clear right up.
I drove this bad boy to our Wild Ridge event for camp tours.
So September was cram jammed FULL. It was unseasonably cool the first two weeks and then unseasonably hot the last half of the month. Ben and I both were both running around like crazy people with big projects. He went to a divisional meeting at Lake Champion for 2 days. I did the Wild Ridge event for 3 days and Ben came for 1 of those. There was a ton of work for that, but totally worth it. With school starting I have been able to majorly catch up on what I neglected so much during the summer. I am learning the ropes of my new job. And the beginning of the school year is always just a lot of work anyway. I'm glad September is over, October is here and we only have one banquet this fall!























No comments:
Post a Comment