Welp, since we're turning the corner into the later half of January, I think it's about time to revisit November. So......
The leaves finally started changing around Halloween. It was a short lived season of color.
I do love the tree beside our house for about 2 weeks. The rest of the time it's just a pain. I'm thankful for neighborhood boys I could put to work raking.
There's always some experiment happening at the dining room table.
And some WVU football game.
This year I went to the Camp Caesar Fall Weekend. It was the best! I usually go to Jackson's Mill so it was fun to mix up locations, areas, and our staff.
We took Ted with us. This kid. Seriously. I love him. He practiced for every club with Ben. It was his jam being up there with music and his dad. Watching them do this was one of the highlights of the year.
Ted watching the field games from the top of the UHaul with Kirk.
And then there was the "great fake melted cheese incident of 2019". Just imagine cheese in all the cracks and crevices of the front seat of a mini-van including dashboard, console, seat belts and other places you never really pay attention to. (Thankfully it was a rental.)
But now I know if things don't work out in my current situation, I can always detail cars with wet wipes.
Through a series of events of which we are all grateful, Sophie ended up staying the weekend in Morgantown with the Kozels and their weekend guests. They had fun watching Small Foot and being fancy at the tea shoppe.
Then there are the usual Saturdays of mattresses in the living room, football, wrestling...
.... and art projects and science experiments.
Sophie's friend Maisie came our way for a road trip with her mom.
Sophie drove 2 hours home with them for a quick overnight. It was so good for her.
Then there was Fall Weekend #2 at Jackson's Mill. Ben led music. I went to Butler for family Thanksgiving.
Dave & Scott were twinning!
These weekends are like no other.
We decorated the tree before Thanksgiving. Ted let us know that the night we decorate the tree is one of his favorite nights of the year. Who knew?
And the tradition of my kitchen door.
We visited Aunt Did over Thanksgiving and Sophie helped decorate one of her MANY trees!
We also celebrated Reed's 4th birthday! 🎉
Also over Thanksgiving, Ben's parents told the kids they would be moving to a new house (same town). It's been in their family for almost 100 years. So Ben started to help cleaning out all the things.
Ben and Ted went to the Baylor game. Also they can never take a nice selfie together.
To the untrained eye, you may think these are cookies. But no. This is some sort of weird concoction that never really hardened and sat around in cookie cutters for several days.
We had snow day #1.
Other highlights of November included:
More days off of school (Veteran's Day, Election Day & 5 days for Thanksgiving)
All-Area club
basketball practice started
Butler Thanksgiving
Sara came to visit

































No comments:
Post a Comment