
Ted wanted the George Washington High School Patriot on his cake. He's been going to games with Ben and warming up to the mascot.
Then he wanted to eat the eyes!

Opening gifts with Uncle Andy.

We got him a little bowling set.
Today I made him his favorite dinner (chicken crescents and scalloped potatoes.) Then we went to Maggie Moo's for special birthday ice cream! We leave the cake to Doh.
Special view of Sophie sharing my ice cream.
Ted took Spider Man fruit snacks today to preschool as his birthday snack. Easy enough. We also gave up blankies today. I have been taking them away as punishment when we have a really bad day. But he doesn't seem to care. So, we talked about it and decided that he's a big kid now and doesn't need them.
Ben and I were talking about being 3. It was a big year. He started preschool, became a professional potty-goer (not to be confused with party goer), started his own playlist on the ipod, overcame his fear of the outdoors (and lots of other things he was afraid of), can do so many things by himself, started playing board gamese, moved into a booster seat, took swimming lessons, and asked Jesus to be his friend forever. Three was hard. But good. I love this little man.
Side story:
Today he was taking a nap. Nothing special. He got up once and I made him go back to bed by himself. House rule - I only put you to bed once. Let me preface this by saying he loves to sleep in his underwear. Anyways, after his nap I usually snuggle with him in bed and read a book. I went into his room to climb into bed with him and he jumps out from under the covers - with his snow boots on! He took a nap in his underwear and snow boots. That's why I love this kid!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! love that he slept in snow boots! We enjoy your blog-it's definitley makes us feel closer to home reading about you guys and your life in Charlestn!
Happy Birthday from Aunt Stephanie!! He certainly is growing up so fast!!
Post a Comment