Wednesday, March 10, 2010

spring is here

I'm not really sure how it happens that our weeks just kind of run into each other. There's not a whole lot of anything in the middle. Sometimes that "sameness" in our routine really gets to me. My camera has been hidden in the diaper bag. We've been indoors a lot. I think it's all the snow that has gotten to everyone.

But the sun has been shining and we've had 3 65+ degree days in a row. I feel like a new person . . .

In the last couple of weeks:

- Sophie is saying some new "words" - or at least saying things that I know she is trying to say. Ted, shoes, help. She's been so whiny though some days! But growing like a weed. She's really stretching out. She's usually sleeping 7 pm - 7 am which works in our family schedule at the moment.

- Ted has found a true love for short sleeved shirts (thank you, Ben and Andy Tuel). He practically begs me to wear short sleeves everyday. I made the mistake of getting up in the attic to find last years shorts to see if they still fit (they do). Yesterday and today he's been wearing about 6 layers of shorts - no kidding. Now I have to battle short sleeved shirts and shorts.

- I worked my tail off for the women's retreat that we had a River Ridge last weekend. All totally worth it. The weekend was great and a huge success. Every year I say I'm not going to be in charge of something next year and I only end up with more responsibility. I think it's high time I do a poor job and get fired! Next year I'm not doing anything . . .

- A couple of weeks ago my Uncle Randy passed away while playing basketball. He was my dad's youngest brother. 19 of 20 grandchildren were together for his funeral. It was a very bittersweet time. It has made me think a lot about the size of family I want to have. How I want my kids to grow up around family. And it's made me remember the wonderful (and hugely fun) memories I have growing up as part of the extending Slider family. I'm pretty sure there's nothing like it. Life is but a moment. I want to live it well.

- We've been doing a "Living Radically" series at church. Ben gave the sermon last week - although I still haven't heard it! Ben and I have talked a lot about what it means to live radically and think eternally. When you live in light of eternity, so many things that you value really do change.

So, that's an update on the Tuel's. Really nothing exciting. I can't believe I make our life into a blog that people actually read. Pictures to come next time - January and February always seem to be lacking in the family photo albums. . .

4 comments:

Gary Slider said...

Laura people follow your blog because your light is shining so brightly. Others see it and they love it and want to have that light in their own life.

I think you need to reread your own blog. Also so thankful and always so positive. Words that always life up. Reading what you have to say is the high point of my day when you post something.

Big families are so nice. I don't think I would have made it through the last few weeks without all my children and Brothers and Sister. I am so blessed with fantastic children. Great Brothers and sister. Nephews and Nieces. The best thing of all is my grandchildren. I can't say enough about them. God Bless and I Love You. Dad

Kathy said...

Laura's dad....I couldn't have said it better! I look forward to seeing a new post from the Tuel family. Most times it makes me laugh...and remember when my kids were small! ..and it always makes me thankful.

Bethany and JB Ward said...

Hey Laura! I just discovered your blog and it's amazing. I can't wait to go back and read more. JB and I just started a blog so we're learning a lot about this new world. See you this weekend!

Sarah Cobb said...

Yes, Laura, I too am glad your posts are always so positive! I have a lot to learn from you - my posts are usually filled with griping. Lots of love to you and your fam!