Friday, February 19, 2010

conversations with ted

So, I've been having great, funny, weird conversations with Ted. I will have to preface a couple of stories with background information . . .

1) Background info: Sophie does not say "yes." She says no to everything. When she stomps her feet and claps her hands, she really means yes.

So I hear this conversation in the living room. Sophie obviously did something and Ted asked her if she did it. She, of course, said, "no!" Ted promptly comes into the kitchen and says, "Mommy, Sophie is lying. She needs to stand in the corner."

2) Background information: Behind our kitchen we have a laundry/storage area. Ben has put a desk back there and Ted call is Ben's office. He doesn't use it much - just more for a place to put his stuff.

So we're driving the other evening and there's lots of traffic. Ted asked where everyone is going and I said that most people were coming home from work. He says, "Mom, they don't need to go home. They can work in the laundry room!"

3) We've been watching the Olympics a lot. Ted asks LOTS of questions. He can't really tell the difference between people and when they show old things verses the current activities. It's been fun though.

In other news:

- Sophie has some new words - gentle, shoe, more, please

- Sophie loves climbing up on the kitchen chairs and when she does she just jabbers away at nothing. So we put her high chair in the attic and she's moved to the table with the rest of us. It's fun.

- Sophie is jabbering a lot. She's also starting to "sing." Today in the car she was yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" And when I said, "What?" she just "talked" away. I so wish I knew what was going on in that head of hers.

No comments: