Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! I know it's shocking to all of you when I say that we blow traditions completely out of the water. At naptime today, we still hadn't done Easter baskets. Ben leaves before the kids get up on Sunday mornings and after church everyone is hungry and cranky and just needs to go to bed. So, during naptime we filled some eggs. Uncle Andy & Aunt Courtney stopped by just in time to take part in the fun.

At church this morning, the kids were talking about what they got in their Easter baskets. Scooter, shoes, BIKE! Yes, a bike! Ted looked at me and said, "I didn't even get an easter basket." We got him a harmonica. We searched for eggs, he got a harmonica. It was fun and everyone had a great time!


Getting ready to look for eggs.






Enjoying a good chuckle at the silliness.


If only I had posted the 10 pictures it took us to get to this one!

We had Easter dinner with our friends the Shaaks and the Heveners.


Rob deep fried a turkey - true Easter cuisine.


The kid table.


Anxiously awaiting the Easter egg hunt - notice Sophie's pure excitement going in the other direction.


This is way more fun.


Good friends and lots of laughter!

Add Video

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Sure do miss those days! I gave mine all a $20 and sent them on their way!