Friday, September 10, 2010

canaan valley

Over Labor Day Weekend, we went to Canaan Valley. Scott Berg put together a weekend for WV staff and their families. I'm not sure why I always have high expectations for when we stay in a hotel room and eat out 3 times a day. But as hard as that is, I'm grateful that Scott included us as families. It was a good (exhausting) weekend.





We ate at this restaurant where you could feed the catfish . . .


Gross! Sophie loved it.

On Sunday afternoon, we went to . . .

Blackwater Falls. Haven't been there since I was a kid.

We thought we would put Sophie in the stroller and stroll her down . . .

but that idea was quickly squelched.


So Ben carried her. She's starting to act kind of sensitive to loud stuff. She liked the water but wasn't crazy about the noise. Even though it really wasn't that loud.








Ted took this for us. Having him hold it vertically was a bit of a challenge.





It was as we were coming to the top of the hike that we realized we had locked our keys in the van. THANKFULLY, AAA was a life saver. While we waited we visited the gift shop . . .

which was more like a giant yard sale and hayday for Sophie. It made me think of a lot of things my Grandpa would've had in his house during his yard saleing days. But it only took about 30 minutes for someone to get there and 2 minutes to get the van open.


We saw lots of deer and the kids loved it.


And this was at the gas station on our way out of town. I couldn't resist. Yard Sale in the back room. This was the same gas station who didn't have any gas and had handwritten signs on the beer cases that they couldn't sell it b/c they were waiting on their license. Classy!

1 comment:

Erin M said...

I love that you were honest - not knowing why you have such high expectations about staying in a hotel and eating 3 meals out. It SOUNDS good...until you REALLY think it through with the kids. So glad someone else feels the same way!

Love keeping up with you!! Love you!!

Erin