Thursday, September 9, 2010

our house

Finally, pictures of our house. I don't have any of the outside. But then again, I don't want to show the whole world. I've done some curtain rearranging since the pictures. So, here you go. . .


Sophie's room. The bed before rails. Her room has this weird closet in the middle that makes it kind of odd shaped. So this bed is very helpful. My dad made this bed for my brother when he was little. Ted opted for the room with the play room in exchange for the bed. After this picture was taken, we put up those removable stickers of flowers and butterflies and pretty stuff. We made a flower garden on the wall at the end of her bed.


Our room.


I like to call it the green room!


This is Ted's room. The room you walk into is their toy room. Then you walk through the blue curtains to Ted's room. The blue curtains are his stage. He loves it!


Another view of the toyroom. The toy room got some of Sophie's stickers and some of Ted's.


It's so nice not to have toys overflowing and overtaking the living room.


Ted's room. Beside his dresser he has Millie's blanket waiting for her arrival home. We're going to get her this weekend. We've been Millie-less since April or May. I really can't even remember. A long time. Ted got the sports removable stickers. And he grouped them together all in one spot. Hey, it's his decorating job.


The living room - like the road map rug? You'll see the square carpet in just a minute . . .




This is our gym-itori-nasium (aka multi-purpose room!). Do you remember that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond? It triples as a dining room and play area (the kitchen wouldn't fit up the stairs). . .


and office. Ben's office situation is unbelievable at the moment - it really is another subject for another day. He'll have an office on campus at a church soon. But until then, he's been working from home or Panera.


The square carpet is under the table because, well, my children are slobs. And carpeting under where they eat is BAD. Our square carpet has seen better days, so under the table is a good spot for it. I have a feeling we won't be holding onto after this!


Hallway when you come down the stairs/walk in the front door - although the back door is our main entrance. There is a great front porch with a beautiful view.


The kitchen. Where I'm standing to take the picture is the washer/dryer and back door to a great back porch. There's a bathroom to my left.

So, that's it. We love this house. I thought I would leave more of their furniture around as to not have to rearrange and stuff. But I couldn't not have our stuff. And I'm so glad that we did. Now you can have a picture in your head. Come visit!

1 comment:

The Cobb Family said...

Laura -
So good to hear that everyone is adjusting well! I haven't blogged for so long (and probably won't - due to my current schedule), but I'm so glad to read up on some of your posts. We are really enjoying Andy and Courtney while we are missing you and Ben! Blessings and love to all of you!