Saturday, September 10, 2011

game day

The plan earlier in the week was for us to go tailgate as a family and Ben would go to the game. But Ben scored us 4 (free!) tickets. So, we decided to take the kids and see what happened. It was a beautiful day and fun to see all sorts of friends all over the different lots.

View of the stadium from WVU Hospitals.

Walking to the game. We always park in the surrounding neighborhoods and make the short hike to the stadium.

Ted and I sat in the Allevato's seat on the student side. This was our view of the field. Ted asked LOTS of questions about football and was fairly engaged with the game. I didn't feel like a great football tutor. Too bad the first half STUNK! We left and they scored 3 touchdowns before we got home.

Oh, hi there band! Ted loved it.

John & Ted
Ben & Sophie sat in the upper deck, first row at the end of the blue sign with some friends from Charleston. See them?

This was their view. Great seats too. I like the view of the entire field myself.



The halftime show was neat - a salute to all the branches of the military.

I found Sophie sitting 2 rows up after the halftime show. We made it through halftime and then came home.

Ben was kind enough to carry my bag.
Ted went shirtless for awhile.

Everyone had a great time and the kids did a great job. 



I was going to do our annual game day picture, but by the time we got around to it, the humidity had gotten the best of my hair and we were all gross and sweaty. Yes, I'm vain. I would much rather have a good picture go down as our annual game day picture. Next week!

No comments: