Wednesday, October 24, 2012

sept misc

I'm on a roll this week. 


This is one of my favorite things. Ted walks Sophie into school two of her four days. We have a deal that I walk her in two days and he does two days. Every time they get out of the van together, she says, "Ted, will you give me a hug and a kiss when you drop me off." Commence heart melting! Even after chaotic mornings (which every single one is) I love dropping them off this way.


We've been to New Martinsville 3 weekends in a row for between 1 and 4 hours. This was trip #2 in which we followed MANY trucks. On the way back after Ted's party we followed and then passed an entire antique car show.


I think Sophie looks absolutely beautiful in this picture. Even at 4 years old, she knows a good bag and good shoes when she sees them.


We've been having after school snacks and homework time on the back deck the last two weeks. Absolutely glorious. This particular day, Sophie was telling me that she was going to tell one of her friends to chew like a bunny, not like a cow. We then had a little chit chat about making (and keeping) friends.


This child's hair never ceases to amaze me. She's been getting up earlier in the morning when I'm doing my hair so we do a little straight ironing of hers. Does a world of good.



Two Sundays ago, Ted's soccer team played at halftime of the WVU Men's Soccer game. Very, very cool and very, very fun.


Wyatt and Joanna came to watch with us. It's so great having family in town.


After the game, the men's soccer team did a little clinic with the kids. Also very fun.


We stopped by the church office last week. Ted stepped right in. I think I'll have him fill in for me when I can't be there.

No comments: