Tuesday, March 5, 2013

to read and watch


Interesting. Fascinating. Telling of our culture.

We (the entire family) LOVE this show. I wanted to go to bed early last Wednesday, but ended up staying up laughing hard at these fools! I will compare this show to my all time favorite "Everybody Loves Raymond." Simply because I laugh hard at every episode no matter how many times I've seen it. That's quality television people.

I couldn't find the original post of this anywhere, so this is Jen Hatmaker's blog. Skip down to where it says: "Why You Don't Need Pinterest to be a Proverbs 31 Woman" You will be glad you did.

The Bible on the History Channel
I'm kind of a critic when it comes to these things. But I watched (most) of the first episode last week. (Sophie took a 2 hour nap Sunday afternoon and couldn't sleep that night. This is not your Veggie Tales version of the Bible.) If nothing else, it gives you a different picture of different times. I'm going to continue to watch.


1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

i'd agree with your assessment of Duck Dynasty--Ben has won me over on that show--and it takes alot to make me laugh...I just finished watching the Bible with the boys this afternoon and LOVED it..and I don't do pinterest and am glad I can still be a p31 woman..although i think it will take a little more than that for me:)