Monday, July 29, 2013

beach beach beach - part 3

And more totally random pictures and in a totally random order. . . 

While the girls picked out beach chairs and the kids picked out bad flavors of ice cream, these two hunted for who knows what.


Picking up BBQ one night for dinner.


We went to Murrell's Inlet Friday night for dinner. Our party of 12 was seated immediately at Wahoo's in the outdoor area at 2 tables. It was great and such a fun atmosphere. Definitely go eat there if you have the chance.










The 5 second rule isn't so awesome on the beach.


We went to Broadway at the Beach one night. Crazy! Some generous people gave our kids their extra balloon hats. They proceeded to hit everyone near them in the face. They didn't last too long.


Ted took a gnarly wave and hit the bottom. That's a bit of a scrape on his forehead (and a finger over the camera lens) that has since scabbed over. He took it like a man though and got right back on his boogie board.

This is as close as we got to burying anyone in the sand. Although you would've never known that by the pile of sand that came out of Sophie's swim suit every night.

More Can-Jam or Jam-Can. I can't remember.



Ted was the "coach" as compensation for not being allowed to play.



We had a most excellent week. 

- The moon was full around the middle of our week, so late night walks on the beach were absolutely beautiful. 

- We had 7 straight days of no rain - something we haven't seen all summer. There were a few cloudy days, but I'll take anything but rain.

- I loved sitting on the beach talking with friends. And the front porch. And the living room. And Starbucks. It was especially fun to spend time with JB and Bethany as we rarely spend time with them outside of some Young Life function.

- Sophie napped on our last day at the beach. Actually, when I put her to bed the night before she said, "Can I take a nap tomorrow." She was worn out.

- It took us 12 hours to get home. Sophie fell asleep about 30 minutes from home. Ted never slept. I'm super thankful for portable DVD players and an ipad. I know that is such a luxury and many did without for many, many years. But I'm telling you I'm thankful.

- I loved my time bike riding with Sophie on the back of my bike. She sang a lot back there. And we talked about great things.

- I loved talking with the kids about the way that God made the ocean and how big it is and how small we are. It was cool talking with them about something so vast and big.

- No one got super sunburned. Just a little red here and there. 

- Our 2nd camp trip was at camp while we were there. We got a call around 11:30 Monday night that one of the two buses had broken down right outside of camp. Never a great phone call. Thankfully we have most excellent leaders who kept things under control until a new bus arrived.

- Steph makes the best 'drip castles.' They are beautiful! Her castles looked like a scene straight out of Narnia. 

- We ate so well - whether we ate in, ordered in, or went out. I told Steph before the trip that I would not offer to feed them my spaghetti sauce out of a jar, but I would certainly help prepare with instruction and oversight and do the dishes. It worked well!

-

No comments: