Sometimes a great football Saturday is just straight up fun. I knew the weather was going to be beautiful so I told Ben if anyone offered us some tickets that I really wanted to go as a family. (My window of weather requirements for going to football games is not huge so I wanted to take advantage. ) We got two sets of tickets but ended up being able to sit together. Honestly, I didn't think WVU would even be close to beating Oklahoma State after the beating they took last week against Maryland. I just wanted to watch the band at pregame and halftime and call it a day. Very much to our surprise, it was an excellent game, we stayed the entire time and we WON!!!
I never get tired of this view.
All these family and friends parked in the Young Life parking lot which was super fun to tailgate together. Speaking of tailgating, yesterday in one of his million questions, Ted asked who invented tailgating. So thanks to google, we learned a little tailgating history while sitting in the Tudor's drive thru. (Tudor's is officially our game day breakfast these days.)
Lilly, Sophie & Amelia colored
Ted & Wyatt played some football and lacrosse
Sophie was not super thrilled to go to the game. I wasn't positive we would even go to the game, so I didn't really prepare anything for her to do during the game. So, she sucked down a frozen lemonade during the 1st quarter - which I'm pretty sure is the biggest money maker at the stadium. $5 for lemon flavored ice. She ate some popcorn during the 2nd quarter.
We watched the band during halftime.
And then ate a pretzel (because the hot dog line was so long) during the 3rd quarter. After I cut her off for the 4th quarter, we played school, all manner of clapping games, and counted down the minutes and seconds on the very long last 9 minutes of the game. But she made it.
However, Ted watched every single play of the game. He cheered, he jumped up and down and he maneuvered himself so he could see around the adults in front of us. He LOVED every single second of it.
I love this picture. This is the boys after Oklahoma State missed a field goal. It makes me smile so much. I love watching them enjoy something so much together.
It was a fun, beautiful day topped off with some snuggling on the couch before bed.
Sometimes a good football Saturday will do you some good!







2 comments:
I just love that picture too! What a cool father/son moment... great timing with the camera!
Haha! Loved reading Sophie's progression of staying fed/entertained throughout the game.
It was a LONG game - 4hrs+. I'm impressed she made it!
Post a Comment