These are books I read this summer. I read more than I have in a long time (maybe it's all the hours in the car). But I'm so glad I read each of these. Read any or all of them - you won't be disappointed.
The Five Love Languages of Children
By Gary Chapman

If you have children of any age, read this book. I'm a total believer in the "love languages" in marriages, friendships, work relationships. This just help you understand love languages from a kids perspective and how to love them in a way that makes them feel loved. Read it!
The Relationship Principles of Jesus
by Tom Holladay
This is a 40 day devotional type book about ways to model and do relationships. It has been a huge catalyst in the understand grace in my life and extending it to others. It's great for an individual, small group or whatever. Men or women. Great book!
Sticky Faith
by Dr. Kara Powell & Dr. Chap Clark
If you are a parent of a child middle school or over, or if you work with high school kids YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK! It addresses the gap between high school and college and how to help your child or the kids you work with make the transition from high school to college. I have witnessed with my own eyes (and especially this year with my heart) the huge chasm that exists as kids are given freedom and are not prepared to make decisions that will impact them forever. There is a curriculum that goes with this that we plan to use with seniors in the spring. I'm excited to lead the charge on this for our area. READ IT!
Sparkly Green Earrings
by Melanie Shankle
Somehow I started reading her blog this spring. She's funny! (I really enjoy funny, witty people!) It's a book about being a parent. A memoir type book. Great, funny, easy read.
A Modern Girls Guide to Bible Study
by Jen Hatmaker
This is a great book if you're looking for practical ways to read the bible on your own. I believe this is what I'm going to be doing when I start a morning bible study at South Ridge next month. And, of course, I love Jen Hatmaker. Excellent, easy, super practical read.
The Cure: What if God isn't who you think He is and neither are you
by John Lynch, Bruce McNicol & Bill Thrall
We are currently reading this as a church in our current sermon series. I'm only to Chapter 2 but it's a real thought changer of a book. It's different than anything I've ever read. It's a book about the choices we face and the paths that lead to Jesus and grace and being real. I like being real.
My "To Read" List (I'll let you know):
The Fitting Room
by Kelly Minter
The Prodigal God
by Timothy Keller
Grade Based Parenting
by Dr. Tim Kimmel







1 comment:
Prodigal God is excellent and Tim Keller is the best apologist of the new millennium.
Post a Comment