Saturday, September 13, 2014

school, baseball, parking lot, football and garages

So somehow I missed getting the first day of school pictures on here. That seems like forever ago, but really it's been 4 weeks. Wow. I don't know whether I'm coming or going. 

Ted: Class of 2024
Sophie: Class of 2026






Trash day on the first day of school always makes for an interesting background.

It was hotter after school started than it was most of August. We went to the pool several days after school just to squeeze in every last bit that we could. This is Sophie playing in a diaper box in her swimming suit. To each his own, right?

We also celebrated Henry's 1st birthday at the end of August. He's a funny baby. Really somber. The kids are always so very excited to see him.

Isaac (15 months), Ted (8), Sophie (6), Henry (12 months)


Swimming with John Pap.


Sophie has homework this year - spelling, math and reading. It's really kind of weird for me. Same stuff Ted did in 1st grade. It didn't seem like such a big thing for him.


Ted's playing Fall Baseball. It's supposed to be a season of teaching and learning the basics. I have yet to see either. He has been catching and really likes it a lot. He's pretty good at it too. At this age in sports, the things you like and the things you are good at don't always coincide.





Ben went to the home opener for the Steelers with this fine group of men. They played the Browns - the Steelers, not these guys. I'm always thankful when Ben gets to spend time with any/all of these guys.


A local business man gave us a parking lot to sell spots for WVU football games to go towards YL again this year. Although it's a lot of work, it's well worth it. The night games are the worst though. Last weekend for the Townson game we spend 7 hours in the parking lot - it was a 7:30pm game. John came and spent some time with us there before he and Ben went to the game. It's always nice when everyone matches.


The parking lot also means lots of football playing


And "roadtrips"

with the princesses. Apparently clothing is optional.


We did some tailgating with Trey too which is always fun for Ted.


The Kozels are building a house. And a garage. The garage they are building themselves. I helped one Saturday. Ben's back was bothering him so he kept the kids. I actually do much better with kid sitting than working with things like lifts and tresses and such things. I'm just waiting for it to be time to paint. That's Joanna up there running the lift thingy like a boss!


 And now it's the middle of September and I don't know where the first half went.

No comments: