These are the books I've read/listened to this Fall.

Walking with God Through Pain and Suffering by Timothy Keller
Totally one of the best books I've ever read. Actually, I listened to and read this book simultaneously. It's deep and I need all the concentration help I can get. I can listen longer than I can read it. But it's incredible. It's been on queue to read for over a year. I think everyone should read it because it gives you perspective for yourself when you're walking through pain and suffering and also for those around you.
A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser
I listened to this book early in September mostly because it had come up a lot in different places in life. It's was a good listen and had some tidbits of knowledge that were interesting and helpful. I guess the biggest nugget I got from this was that you can't compare anything in life, especially loss. Loss is loss. And yours is not bigger or more important than others.
I listened to this book early in September mostly because it had come up a lot in different places in life. It's was a good listen and had some tidbits of knowledge that were interesting and helpful. I guess the biggest nugget I got from this was that you can't compare anything in life, especially loss. Loss is loss. And yours is not bigger or more important than others.
Breathe: Making Room for Sabbath by Priscilla Shirer
I just finished this. If you are having issues with margin and breathing space in your life right now in any regards, GET THIS BOOK! It couldn't have come at a more perfect time. It's actually a journal/bible study. It has a few videos to go with it that you can download for a just a few dollars on Lifeway. Well worth your time. This is a keeper for me as a reference. I loved it. If you happen to get this as a gift from me, please don't be offended. Know that I want you to see the freedom that I see in it.
I just finished this. If you are having issues with margin and breathing space in your life right now in any regards, GET THIS BOOK! It couldn't have come at a more perfect time. It's actually a journal/bible study. It has a few videos to go with it that you can download for a just a few dollars on Lifeway. Well worth your time. This is a keeper for me as a reference. I loved it. If you happen to get this as a gift from me, please don't be offended. Know that I want you to see the freedom that I see in it.
The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
Although I've never been a super huge Lysa Terkeust fan, I really, really liked this book. For me at least, it goes hand-in-hand with Breathe. It helps you use your "yes" and "no" in the most responsible way to free you up for the most important things in life that are yours - not everyone else's. It is practical and gives you great thought processes for decision making. I just finished this - it's an easy read.
Faith and the Modern Family by Craig Jutila
I read this book in the late Summer. This book was great in just thinking about parenting in the current culture, what your kids are dealing with in this age of technology and how to intentionally set goals and a vision for your family. It was a relatively easy read with lots of great practical thinking. Good for parents with little kids through big.
A Praying Life by Paul Miller
Our Monday night bible study read this book this semester. Not one of my favorites, but definitely one that has some good thoughts and practical tips about prayer. If not for the accountability of reading it with a group, I may not have finished this one.





1 comment:
Looks like I need to read the Keller one. Thanks for sharing, Laura!
Love, Sarah
Post a Comment