We're trying to get back into a routine around here but it just ain't happening. Last week, Ben was in Colorado for the yearly training class he has to take. It was a sloooooow weekend (we haven't had a slow weekend in, well, forever). So the kids and I cleaned out drawers and completed our bi-annual purge of stuff we don't wear/use/play with anymore. Sophie is officially borderline hoarder. She gets it from her father.
Then I was laid out for three whole days with an intestinal and respiratory something or other. Most likely the flu but I wasn't officially diagnosed. Sunday Ted had to hold down the fort. Thankfully the throwing up bit was during the night while the kids slept. By the time they got up I was just aching and fevered. Ted made me tea and toast, took care of he and Sophie and retrieved whatever I needed retrieving. He was a darn good caretaker in Ben's absence. I moved between the couch and my bed for three days which was the sickest I've been in awhile.
Go hug a single parent.
The last weekend in January was our annual Regional Committee/Leader Weekend at Oglebay. The kids went and had the best time. I love the way our leaders love our kids.
Sophie & David Berg. I'm praying they get married someday.

Most (some got cut out) of our leaders and some committee. It was good to be back with this people.
Sophie fell asleep in my lap hanging onto her glowsticks at the cabin Saturday night. This is a RARE sight.
Playing with Mary and sweet baby Annie.
Meanwhile the boys (Ted, Andrew & David) found some rope.
Saturday night there was a huge dance party. Ted ended up on Cole's shoulders for what may have been one of the best moments of his life. Songs he loves. Glow sticks. With people he loves. Oh my word he was excited!
Basketball season is DRAGGING on. This is a horrible season. We have won 0 games. We will not play in this league next year because of all the buy in teams. The boys have been awesome at playing hard even though they know they will loose every game. It's been a real lesson in character, finishing what you start and playing your hardest even when you're getting killed.
This kid has a new interest in reading. I love it.
Sophie decided she was going to make all her own Valentine's this year. I thought that was lovely. She's developing a bit of a creative side that I would like to foster. And I my mouth shut about how hard it might end up being. At the 9th hour I asked her, "Are you going to do this again next year?" I got an emphatic "NO!" to that one.
While Ben was in Colorado, he got to have dinner with Tyler, Jaclyn, Derek, Becca and Nicki. I had wanted to go with Ben this year so I could get the "Jaclyn Tour of Colorado" before they move again, but I couldn't leave again. I do love that Ben gets to see them while he's there.
So things are fairly uneventful. It's just straight up COLD though. We have Snow Day #6 tomorrow. Last year at this time we had already had 14 snow days. So I'm totally good with 6 to date.







No comments:
Post a Comment