These are books I read or listened to in the Spring and Summer. They are in no particular order (except the first one is my favorite).
For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards
by Jen Hatmaker
READ THIS BOOK! You will laugh. Hard. You will cry. You will laugh until you cry. You will try to read parts to your husband and he just won't get it. Just read it and be blessed. You'll thank me later.
(As a side note: Jen is speaking at the Young Life Celebration in January and I'm determined to sit poolside with her. Or at least meet her and get my picture with her. I'll keep you posted.)

Nobody's Cuter Than You
by Melanie Shankle
This is her 3rd memoir type book. It's about the importance and role of great friendships in your life. I was encouraged by this book at the need for good friends and that the effort and time that it takes is an invaluable investment. It's an easy read or listen and a book you will want to pass along to your best girl friends.
Every Bitter Thing is Sweet
by Sara Hagerty
I LOVED this book. It's simply her story - a very inspiring one. I was totally engaged the entire time. I just found out she's doing one of the "experiences" (seminars) at the Young Life Celebration. So I'm excited to hear more from her.
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
by Greg McKeown
This book has been passed around our office and has a lot of great principals and strategies for narrowing your focus and doing what only you do best.
Love & Respect in the Family
by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
I LOVE Love & Respect (for marriage). This one takes the same principals from the marriage book and applies them to the parent/child relationship. I learned some really fascinating things and found it to be quite helpful.
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
by Alan Bradley
A great British mystery starring an 11 year old amateur detective and chemist, Flavia DeLuce. An easy read with more books in the series if you like it wand want to read more.
Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Sould
by Jennie Allen
This book challenged me and made me thing about my "anythings" and what those look like with an eternal perspective.
Weird:Because Normal Isn't Working
Craig Groeschel
I listened to this one while we did the sermon series at church in the late Spring. It was easy to listen to, challenging and just a good all around thinker.
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
by Helen Simonson
This was a smart, clever novel that is an easy read and a great story. I read this one at the beach and really enjoyed it.
I listened to the majority of these books as I drive an hour to and from work 3-4 days a week. I really loved reading a lot more this summer and am hoping to do a lot more of it. I go in spurts and I often forget how much I love to read.







No comments:
Post a Comment