The other day Sophie was lamenting how fast the days go by. I agree, sister. It's actually slightly frightening, very overwhelming and lots of other things rolled up into one.
So here's some highlights since Labor Day.
At the beginning of September the River Region Staff when to Rockbridge for a few days. Great to get away, be with people you love and be at one of our favorite places.
Back in August we got to be part of Danielle and Isaac's big day. It was so much fun to do their pre-marriage counseling and be part of their wedding weekend at Cafe Cimino. A small, family wedding. Low key. Beautiful. A gorgeous location.
This is my favorite picture from the weekend. Kathy and her kids. Gosh, we love these guys so much. It was great to see Becca and Jaclyn too. They are both pregnant and expecting soon. And Robert. This picture gives me lots of hope for what's to come for our kids in adulthood.
And then all these crazies from Charleston showed up at Cafe Cimino for dinner to celebrate Rachel's 40th birthday. It was great!
This was back before Labor Day when Sophie and I wrapped up the last day at the pool in the rain.
It's funny that at the end of the pool season everyone gathers their courage for things like the diving board and flips. Until next summer Krepps . . .
And then it was parking lot time again. We decided this year that we could not commit to 7 Saturdays in the parking lot on game days. So we split it with Cameron, Looch and Seavy. The Tuel's took the first game which was hot with 0% chance of rain.
And then this storm came through.
Check out Ted and Hudson in the front seat laughing at us.
Somehow I managed to hold down the corner of the tent where the wind was gusting in.
We are very thankful we made the decision not to do the parking lot each week. Although the money was great for Young Life, it was really hard for our family. So now we're spreading around the love a bit.
I reminisced a bit.
Sophie this year.
And 2014
And 2013. Needless to say, she's glad we're not doing it every home game either.
Ben and I went to the first game with the Allevato's - the older and the
younger Allevato's! Ted went with his friend Matthew for Matthew's
birthday.
In mid-September we went to New Martinsville for Heather and Mike's wedding. We got to visit with sweet baby Reed. He is the cutest most easy going kid. Charlie & Val are working away at their house. Their basement organization system inspired me. But not enough to actually go buy tubs and organize. It's in there somewhere. Maybe at Christmas.
At the wedding wearing their best sneakers and cowgirl boots. We just don't dress for weddings with these two. I have no pictures of Heather and Mike - I know. I'm a terrible sister-in-law. I was busy helping in the kitchen. And eating scotch-a-roos. Congrats Heather & Mike!
This school year we have most excellent teachers. Sophie has NO HOMEWORK - yahoo! All she has to do is read 20 minutes every night which is awesome when there's not a hundred other homework things to do.
Ted and Wyatt are on the same flag football team this year. I do love flag football. Sophie and Lily love the time together playing with dolls in the soccer nets. Hey, to each his own, right?
Two weeks ago, Ben, Ken, Ted & Wyatt went to the WVU vs. someone game. It was a beautiful day and we won.
Meanwhile at the Kozels, the girls dressed up in their finest fancy dresses
wore tiaras
drank sparking grape juice our of fancy glasses
and watched the new Cinderella. It was great! We had so much fun.
The girls danced and danced. And may or may not have eaten dinner in their underwear to not get food on their dresses. But you'll never know.
Two weeks ago we had 42 baptisms at South Ridge. Ben baptized Payton which was so sweet and such an honor.
This boy has a heart of gold and I would love for Ted to grow up to be like him.
John & Shawna have been over for a few games. Shawna came over one evening for a walk on the trail and to be schooled in the NaeNae and Dude Perfect by Ted.
They also gave us a recliner which has aged everyone in our family considerably. Ted now watches "How It's Made" after school and any and all football from the recliner.
And last but not least, the "cruise ship smile" is still going strong in this year's school pictures. Love her heart. (Do you know what's funny? The cruise ship smile is one of the best memories from the cruise 3 years ago and I didn't even blog about it. How could I have missed such an important thing? Perhaps I didn't know how long lasting it would actually be.)
September also held some sadness and change - but that's for later. We are learning the practice of remembering God's faithfulness and celebrating the wins. These are the great moments of fun, family and friends for which we could not be more thankful!
























No comments:
Post a Comment