Ted turned TEN this week. Ten. Two entire hands. Double digits. OLD. It kind of freaks me out a little bit. Although, at times, the days were long and I thought we would never get past a crying infant or a toddler who was into everything, as a whole, these years went by in the blink of an eye.
Our parents came over for pizza and cake. No ice cream though. The thought of ice cream didn't even cross my mind to go with the cake. Oops.
Ted asked for Darth Vader on his cake. Please note he's never even seen Star Wars!
Our parents were kind enough to come to us today. The last few weeks have been fairly overwhelming. So it was great to sleep in, hang out at our own house, and have a down day.
For birthdays, this year everyone is getting money towards our trip to Disney World this coming January. Because 10 is kind of a big deal, we made an exception for Ted and added a sleepover with Wyatt . . .
And then a day at Flight Trampoline Park near Pittsburgh with Wyatt and Caleb!
They had such a great time. And absolutely could not stay out of the dodge ball area. Caleb got hit in the eye twice - and went back for more. We had a random Tuesday off of school so the place was practically empty - except for about 6 other Morgantown kids.
Sophie got to tag along too! I jumped for about 10 minutes at the end since no one was really there. I thought I was going to vomit and my heart would beat out of my chest. Jumping on a trampoline is hard work - but a lot of fun!!
Ted got a fun birthday delivery from Uncle David and Aunt Lois of Pokemon cards. Ben and Ted play a lot of Pokemon together so this was a fun surprise!
Highlights from age 9:
4th grade is AWESOME!
flips off the diving board
cabins in the woods & the beach
ben & ted's excellent adventure to Rockbridge
hip hop class
the return of flag football
freedom around the neighborhood
pelicans, black bears and pirates games
dealing with the fears of us being gone
pokemon
badmitton and jet skiing at the river
-the worst basketball season of all time
watching more football and baseball than I care to admit
wvu ganeday (last football season)
riding in the front seat
lots of fun days at the kozels new house
lots of fun days at the kozels new house
playing in the rain and natticakes with the underdonks
seven springs (but no tubing that time!)
liking reading a smidge more
snuggles in bed talking at night
dark rooms and socks (always socks)
wearing the same size shoes
neighborhood friends
It's been a great year for Ted. He's really coming into his own and matured a lot. I enjoy him immensely. He has a kind heart and a conscience I hope he continues to listen to in this next decade. And he's brutally honest/speaks the truth in love about the Mountaineers.
(If you could just be a fly on the wall to listen to the conversation he's currently having with Ben.)
Ben: The Mountaineers are the best team ever.
Ted: Well, I mean, they're really not that good.
Ben: You like the Mountaineers right? They're your favorite team, right?
Ted: Yes.
Ben: What are you talking about then?
Ted: Well, they aren't that good. I mean, other teams are better.
Ben: When a team is your team, you think (no you know) they are the best.
Ted: Yeah, but Ohio State is #1. The Mountaineers are not. I'm just saying.
Ben: (silence)
Ted's 1st Decade:
Cakes by Doh
Oct 2005: The 1st time I laid eyes on Ted
1: Baby Einstein
2: Elmo
3: Backyardigans
4: GW Patriot
5: Drum Set
6: Mario & Luigi
7: Tavon Austin/WVU Cake
8: St. Louis Rams
(the first year Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey were playing for the Rams)
(the first year Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey were playing for the Rams)
9: Steelers
10: Darth Vader

















1 comment:
This made me tear up!!!! I LOVE you guys! So glad God gave you this awesome dude, and excited for the man God is making him into using you guys <3
Post a Comment