Thursday, December 29, 2016

december 2016

So December. Sometimes I debate about the old blog. But I've been looking back at things for pictures or remembering and I realize that even if it is just the highlights, it's important to me. And to the kids. And I love remembering these things. There's a lot I say. There's a lot I don't. I'm ok with that. So here's a brief summary of December.

We hit the road with the Broadhursts for a birthday road trip for Seth, that ended up being on Ben's birthday. We had a super fun trip to Deleware and back for an overnight trip. I think we'll make it tradition!

Ben and I made it back in time to go to the WVU/Baylor game. It was way below my threshhold of cold, but thankfully we were in one of the suites with these friends. I am seriously such a waste of a ticket at these sorts of events. I'm totally there for the food and friends.



Love these friends (Shawna & John) dearly and any time we get to spend with them.

These two . . .

We celebrated my parents anniversary with them since they were in town. My sister, Sara, was around after Thanksgiving for awhile so it was fun to have her here too.

Sara and Sophie are kindred spirits.



The kids got to go on a real Christmas tree cutting adventure with the Kozels.

I expect this from Wyatt but not from Ted. Joanna got some shelves in her den and finally unpacked some books. I've decided that I'll let Ted read Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Big Nate as long as he's reading something.

Sara made another trip around and we had dinner with Uncle Jim too.

Sophie & Lily watching their brothers play basketball.

Our leader/committee Christmas party. We took a group picture but there was no card in the good camera. Oops!

The boy and his neon.

We took the kids to see Home Alone at the theater. OMG - the BEST! We hooted and hollered and laughed. Sophie drank a huge soda and had to take a potty break in the middle of the break in scene. She leaned over to me and said, "Mom, if I laugh any more I'll pee my pants!" (I am still slightly bitter about missing Christmas Vacation the previous week due to previously scheduled basketball games.)

We had a celebration dinner for dad when he finished his radiation. These two were made for each other. The boy with all the questions and the man with all the answers.

We thought that was the first time Ted helped Ben with a haircut . . .

. . . until I was looking for pictures and found this picture circa 2011.












Other December (pre-Christmas) highlights included:
a WVU basketball game with the Sizicks
the kids' holiday program
two (2?!) card night at the Kozels
dinner with Millers and the Bozics
basketball starting

No comments: