Monday, December 5, 2016

november 2016

So November has come and gone. I will sum it up with the words "sick" and "travel". 

I was straight up sick for a week. I really thought I had strep because it was so painful. I felt like my throat was on fire and I had knives in my ears. For three days I worked from my bed, numbed my throat as much as possible and ate soup and smoothies. It was incredibly painful. For more than a week after, whatever that virus was settled in my chest and I just kind of slugged around. Sophie had it before me. She missed 3 days of school on a week where they already had 2 days off. So she got a nice long break there. Ben had it briefly (praise the Lord) after Thanksgiving. Amazingly, Ted has stayed healthy. He's usually my sick one. After many years of fighting multiple cases of strep throat by Christmas, I believe we have turned the corner.

We also were traveling quite a bit. 

On the same weekend, Ben went to Puerto Rico for Rusty's bachelor party with these guys:

 



And I went to Charlotte with these fun friends for the Belong Tour to celebrate Steph's birthday.




I'm just going to say this: I enjoyed my time immensely with BethAnne, Steph & Lindsay. Being away and with these friends was amazingly good for my soul and my mental health. However, the Belong Tour was a huge disappointment. I feel sad, disappointment, frustrated, discouraged, bothered and disheartened by their message (or lack-there-of) and who and what they are presenting. If you are thinking of going, don't. 

Ben came home from Puerto Rico for 12 hours and then hopped a plane to San Diego for the YL College Summit. That was the week the kids had off two days and Sophie was sick the other 3. Who's counting?

Cole and I made a road trip to Charleston for KV's wedding shower.


Um, let's see what else. Donald Trump won the election. Did not see that one coming. The day after the election on social media was incredibly fascinating. 

We had 3 days on the calendar with NOTHING on them. That doesn't happen and I cherish those days.

Basketball started for Ted. He hasn't played anything since the end of June when baseball ended. So this is been a bit of a hard adjustment for him.


Ben and Ted made it to another WVU game.

Ben tries to take Ted out to breakfast every other week. Sometimes he throws in a date with Soph.



Just your average Monday Night Football with cheese balls.

Playing with snap chat.

We hit up the Wow Factory one day to make some birthday presents for Ben. (Which I still haven't picked up and Ben's birthday was 3 days ago. But whatever.) Sophie has not bought into the "less is more" philosophy. (He doesn't read this so I'm good posting pictures of his gifts that he hasn't received yet.)



And neither has Ted when it comes to food. This was the day Ted and Sophie took John Pap out to breakfast for his birthday. And then had him pay. Working the system.

Cousin time with Reed.

We took the kids to Fall Weekend with us. Mistake. Taylor may never babysit for us again. You can't tell that it's snowing here. But that's a nice piece of information to have for this pictures.

Mountaineer Area at Fall Weekend

Then there was Thanksgiving. My parents ate Thanksgiving dinner at Ben's parents house this year. I love that we can do that. We had an impromptu birthday party for Reed's second birthday the day after. And a few pictures.

Missing 18% of the family.



We squeezed in some Henry & Roxie time.

We taught Uncle Andy how to play Ticket to Ride and Family Business during nap time.

And then, ladies and gentlemen, I found this gem of a picture. This was circa 1990 when the Georgia Slider's came for their summer visit to the West Virginia Slider's.  We all wore our french braids courtesy of Aunt Did and our Simpson's t-shirts. Those were good, good days. You are welcome!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

No comments: