January whizzed right on by. Unlike past years that have been full of sickness, snow and argumentative children, this was a relatively uneventful month. I'll take it and be darn thankful
For a frame of reference, in 2014 we had TEN snow days in JANUARY. (17 snow days through March. That winter nearly did us all in.)
- January has actually been really warm. We had several 60 degree days which made for some most excellent hover board riding.
- Basketball, basketball and more basketball.
- Sophie started Tae Kwon Do. We were in a bit of a stalemate with her as she didn't want to do anything. She seems to like this and we'll do it for a time and then see how it goes.
- We've started doing highs and lows at dinner. Thankfully, Sophie enjoys thoughtful dinner questions as much as I do, so she's taken over leadership of that. It's been a fun practice.
- Facebook: I naively thought that facebook would go back to "normal" after the elections. But clearly, people have lost their minds completely. I'm totally over all of it. So I will post my blog on there, update the Mountaineer Area Young Life page and call it a day.
- The beachwaver: OMG. My newest favoritest thing ever. I got it with my birthday money. I am so inept at hair and this is saving the day!
One of the biggest highlights of January was Rusty & Katilin's wedding. Oh my gosh - love them so much. Their wedding was beautiful and fun and full of surprises. Including grown men rolling on the floor in their suits. But hey, whatever.
This was my absolute highlight. Ben has now officiated the weddings of all three Isaacs kids. I cried my eyes out on the ride home writing this:
Well, that's the last of them. This weekend the last of the Isaacs kids got married. We have had the incredible privilege of watching them all grow up to be incredible men and women of God, choose amazing spouse and be part of their weddings. Here's to many more years of following God's lead and lots of memories to be made. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your family and sharing your lives with us. We love you dearly.
Nick & BA, Chris & Meredith, Ben & Laura, Kaitlin & Rusty
After the rehearsal dinner we stopped by to say hi to Monty, the birthday boy.
I got to hang out with Jaclyn and meet sweet Clara. And Becca's son, Ellis. But he was napping when I finally broke out the camera. They are so cute together.
After the wedding we hung out at the Isaacs. Steph provided the sweats. I think it's safe to say they weren't really flattering on anyone!
We had TWO euchre nights with the Kozels. What? I learned some new strategies from John Pap over Christmas. I'm slightly unpredictable which makes me slightly dangerous.
My birthday was great. They made me breakfast in bed and Ted serenaded me on the trumpet. It was so lovely - and loud.
Sophie did some decorating
Ben and I had sushi for my birthday dinner. It was gooooooood. As Greg Isaacs said: That's love right there.
Ben and Derek hit up a WVU basketball game with some great seats.
Ted, Ben, Wyatt and Ken went to a basketball game as part of the boys' Christmas gift.
We are ahead of the game, people. Ben to the rescue when it comes to making the Valentine's Day Box. Remember last year when Sophie hand made all her cards? We're moving on from that this year.
We had a great weekend at Oglebay. This year felt different for some reason. Maybe it was partly the new venue. Maybe it's because we have so many young leaders. Maybe it's because I didn't take my kids. Either way it was a great weekend.
Ben was worn out. He spent a decent chunk of Saturday afternoon sleeping like this. He even slept at the lodge this year. It was definitely the dance party that lasted until 2:00 am that changed that.
The band and their groupies. Love these people. They are so talented and are so great together.

No comments:
Post a Comment