Sunday, March 18, 2018

favorite things & books

 Chick-Fil-A Ice
I LOVE this soft edible ice. ($1.50!) Throw in a gallon of 3/4 unsweet, 1/4 sweet tea and BOOM!


Electric Blankets
Ben got me an electric blanket for Christmas. Right after Christmas it got real cold. So we connected the cords under the couch cushions and over the back of the couch. It's been there ever since. I'm sitting under it right now watching WVU play Marshall in the NCAA basketball tournament. I guess we'll have to put it away soon. It's the best!

Brown Noise
Brown noise? Yes, brown noise. Download this app and then try the three different colors in this order: white, pink, brown. Report back with your favorite.

These hairbands are made to not break your hair and leave creases. It's also slightly more fashionable than wearing a regular hairband on your wrist. I've used ONE since Christmas. When it stretches a bit you can run it under warm water or put your hair dryer to it for a second. Goes right back in shape.

Long Winter Jacket
OMG. I've been looking for a good long jacket for a couple of winters. I finally bought one on Black Friday. Game changer.

Toboggan
ANOTHER GAME CHANGER. I've never been much of a hat wearer, but I've obviously been missing out. When your head is warm, the rest of your body is warm. Worth the hat hair.
 
The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
It only took me forever to drag my family to the movies to see this. On day 5 of the teacher strike we were feeling a little desperate, so I guess that helps. We loved the movie and the music and listen to it all the time! Sophie is upstairs singing herself to sleep and requested to be woken up tomorrow by song.


Books I've Read Lately:

By Ben Sasse 
I've half listened/half read this book and I really, really (really)Nlike it. As a parent, I have some interesting thought processes to dig through and action steps to take. I appreciated the history in this book and a very different perspective. I will recommend this one for awhile.

By Tim Keller
I started this at the new year and went until Lent started. I will for sure come back to this.





Jaime Ivey
This was a good, honest book about real life and real redemption.


Parenting Today's Adolescent
By Dennis & Barbara Rainey
This book had a lot of good stuff to chew on as the parent of an adolescent. I will definitely revisit this often. (Although it is slightly outdated in the way of technology and social media.)

By Beth Moore
This is totally different than any of her other studies. Loved it. Looking back, I think part of it was the timing of when I read it why it meant so much to me.

By Melanie Shankle 
I've enjoyed her books as easy to read and pick up and put down.  I usually get these on kindle to read on my phone while I'm waiting at an appointment or have small chunks of time.

On my night stand:

No comments: