Monday, July 9, 2018

may 2018

May is the new December. Those are officially the two craziest months of the year in general. Alongside what also seems to be August and October in our lives. 

Ben and I traveled to Italy (posts to follow) for 10 days in the middle of the month. On either side, we ran like crazy people.

In the order my pictures uploaded:

Ted, Sophie and I "ran" the Girls on the Run 5K. I use the term "ran" loosely for 2 of the 3 of us. It was a gajillion degrees at 10:00 am on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. (Thumbs down emoji) Sophie finished the race - barely. We were still talking at the end of the race - barely. Ted jumped in about 10 minutes before the race started and killed it.






We spent one weekend at the river this summer which was the rest of Memorial Day Weekend. Typing that makes me a little sad. It is what it is in some ways. I'm pretty sure that's the fewest times we've been in one summer in several years. Between assignment, Ben speaking at church several times, our YL 5K, and prepping for school to start, it just didn't happen. But we had a darn good weekend when we did go.









We celebrated Sophie's 10th birthday, too!



I think Pat would be surprised to see how much Ted has grown over this summer.

All the cousins were together when we celebrated Sophie and Isaac's birthdays. That was a fun surprise!



 This was one day before school. All those things came out of Sophie's backpack. Story of her life.

I can't remember what these two were up to, but I remember it not being awesome. (Sidenote: Janell moved down the street and has massive landscaping. She has generously shared and the front of my house looks MUCH better!)

I also don't remember what we were doing here.... Oh, as I reread this I remember this being at Ted & Wyatt's baseball game. The boys were on the same team this year. The girls played in the creek most nights.

Sophie reading a letter from her friend and pen pal Maisie. They each have secret ink pens!

Ted's 6th grade band concert might have been one of the highlights of my year. This kid! We laughed as he played the drums with his own little sway going on. People were texting us commenting on him. It was hilarious!


My sweet friend, Michelle, got married at the beginning of May. And I didn't take many pictures. It rained through the entire ceremony but was still such a beautiful day.

There were LOTS of kids. But I don't think we got a picture of all the momma's!!



While we were in Italy....

The kids love hanging out with Favorite Aunt Did.




Ted and his buddy, Bennett. Bennett's family moved to SC. We were sad to see them go BUT the Sizicks bought their house so we're happy again!

Ted was assigned to the bass drum for 7th grade marching band.

The assistant to the assistant snapping pictures of receipt.

No comments: