Saturday, September 15, 2018

june 2018

June was nuts. Straight up nuts. Because of the teacher strike back in February/March, we added some days at the end of the calendar. (I don't even remember how many at this point.) Being the stellar parent that I am, I just let the kids quit going to school. I did manage an "end of the school year pic" of Ted and Wyatt, but totally didn't get one of Sophie. Sigh.

First Day of School & Semi Last Day of School

They grew a ton this year. Ted grew even more over the summer.


One day this bird was dead on our back deck. I think it flew into the door. Ted to the rescue in disposing of the corpse.

Ted had a massive scooter wreck. Because he hit his head, we took him to the ER. No stitches. Just road rash on his face, arms and legs.


Sophie always finding the things

The Kozels got not one, but TWO puppies - Betsy & Stella. That was an adventure of the summer.


The boys skipped the last two days of school to be on dog duty. I came to pick up Ted one day and this is how I found them.


The boys playing baseball with the sisters in the outfield.

Ted and Wyatt's team kept winning in the playoffs. Not going to lie, we were all a little surprised. They made it to the championship game and fell a little short. Second place is pretty darn good!


Ted lost screens for a few days, so this was his inside and outside options for awhile.

A total highlight of the summer is the Sizicks moving to the neighborhood. Oh my word! The two Sizick brothers, two other brothers down the street, Ted and occasionally Wyatt made for the summer most boys dream of. They moved from our house to the park to the Sizicks all day everyday. So awesome!


Sophie and Faith's fort made of moving boxes.

Pool days.

The summer of puppies. Bethany got a new puppy too. This is Breezy.

Faith and Sophie watching funny cat videos on YouTube with Janell's mom!

We spent a day on Cheat Lake with the Winklers and Jones. I love jumping off boats!




Sophie and I did some rail trail walking/biking/playground playing

We spent an afternoon at Kaitlin & Rusty's new house making homemade ravioli! Wow!

Sweet, sweet Evie Mae!

Her first La Croix. Start 'em young!

Ollie (and Ben)









Later that night, through a series of the weird events, there was a small Allen Family reunion in our living room!

Ted got his braces off!! 
Before

After

He wears a retainer with a fake tooth and has recently gotten the other tooth fixed. His smile is turning out real nice, Clark!

A bunch of middle school boys and their WyldLife leader in our back yard.

Somehow I ended up taking a van full of kids to the pool. I used to wonder how mom's could handle their kids plus others. Now I am that mom.

And then it rained.

On a sad note, for various reasons Joanna and I spent ONE day at the pool together in the ENTIRE SUMMER. It was a little sad.

After a quick trip to Colorado for some Young Life stuff, I took the red eye home to jump in the car to go the Zac Brown Band concert in Hershey, PA with Ben, Rusty & Kaitlin. This is the only picture we took. Oops! It was a GREAT concert though!

I don't even know what they were doing.

Sophie packed up one day (in her sewing machine case!) and "ran away." I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time.

She didn't get far though. (This is the front yard.)

We celebrated Danelle's 40th birthday with getting our nails done!

Love these friends!
Me, Danelle, Lorrie & Gwen

We hit up Barnes and Noble before we left for Rockbridge. I want my kids to love reading as much as I do.

June included:
Ben taking Mon & Taylor Counties to Rockbridge
the weird end of a school year
baseball playoffs
moving the Sizicks
moving the Bozics
my trip to Colorado Springs
ECC meeting for Wild Ridge in Lexington
Zac Brown Band Concert
Joanna going to Europe and her kids spending some days with us
pasta day
putting together WyldLife camp
Rockbridge assignment starting
my 20 year high school reunion (which I missed b/c of WyldLife camp but watched the pics come through on social media)
Ben spoke at South Ridge as part of Seth's sabbatical

No comments: