I have been on terbutaline (a medication to prevent labor) and partial bedrest since 29 weeks. My doctor gave me permission to stop taking the medicine on Tuesday, May 27th. The morning of May 28th, I had a regular doctor's appointment. I knew that I was having contractions, but I didn't know was how close together they were and how I couldn't really feel them that much. So, at 2:49 that afternoon, Sophie Lauren Tuel joined our family. While waiting in triage for my c-section, Ben and I were starting from scratch on boy's names. But we decided if she were a girl, we would declare her Sophie right then and there.
My surgery went well and all the nurses involved were so excited that the sex of the baby was unknown. The whole thing was so much different and more calm than when Ted was born. Ben got to help cut the embellical cord and watch as the nurses did all the measurements and stuff. And I actually remember everything.
Sophie is beautiful with a full head of brown hair - with a little bit of blonde highlights. She was 7 pounds exactly and 19 1/2 inches long. She seems so petite and little. What a joy to have her join our family.

My surgery went well and all the nurses involved were so excited that the sex of the baby was unknown. The whole thing was so much different and more calm than when Ted was born. Ben got to help cut the embellical cord and watch as the nurses did all the measurements and stuff. And I actually remember everything.
Sophie is beautiful with a full head of brown hair - with a little bit of blonde highlights. She was 7 pounds exactly and 19 1/2 inches long. She seems so petite and little. What a joy to have her join our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment