Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the night before christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the house
The Tuel's were doing their family Christmas
On Christmas Eve morning

The gifts were wrapped
The stockings were filled
Ted had asked Santa for a drum set
But, alas, not one had appeared

When what to our wandering ears should sound
But the Mountaineer fight song on Ben's cell phone
John Allevato had a drum set from when he was a kid
And wanted us to have it for Ted

Ben dashed out the door and called to the minivan
Help me get this drum set home so we can surprise Ted
He stayed up so late putting on new heads and cleaning it
We were thankful that the kids slept 'till 8!

So, Christmas Eve morning we got up at 8am. Had some cinnamon rolls and started on presents.




Sophie's shopping cart to go with the gift my parent's would give them later.


Sophie's Little People House


The Fishing Cabin Playmobil for Ted - this is combined with all the stuff he got in his Playmobil Advent Calender.


Cases of Diet Coke are always fun to play with . . .



. . . as are the boxes that the gifts are wrapped in.


My sister did this paintings for us and Ben got them framed for me for Christmas.




Ben hid the drum set in the laundry room.


All set up in his room - it really matches (or blends) nicely!


Sophie giving the drums a whirl.

The drum set isn't as bad as I anticipated. Really, it's a punishment for Ted (not letting him play them) that isn't actually a punishment for me!

We had so much fun! We hung out all day and then went to the Christmas Eve services. My children and I had our own personal comedy show while I tried to read a book during the children's time.


We'll just say that Ted sat beside me and his voice picked up on the mic I was wearing. He commentated and asked lots of questions. And Sophie crawled through about 30 kids to be on the other side and try to turn the pages for me. Thankfully, we only had to do one service!

We headed to New Martinsville around 8:30 pm to wake up at Doh & John Pap's on Christmas morning.

1 comment:

The Cobb Family said...

I love your Christmas picture!! We never did take ours - so ridiculous that we couldn't get it together.

I can relate to the Christmas story with your own kids. I was snapping the sign language for NO to Ben and giving him evil eyes until Brandy Cox finally pulled him away from Lukey!

Hope your Christmas was Merry!