Monday, May 31, 2010

soapie's 2!

No, I didn't misspell Sophie's name. That's what she calls herself - Soapie! She turned 2 on Friday. We had her birthday party in New Martinsville a week before.

To preface the cake pictures, please note the red shoes on her feet. We got them in a bag of hand-me-downs and she absolutely loves them.


The shoes are too big, too tight and make her feet stink. I have to hide them if we're going somewhere like the park. She says "ooooooooooo" and cries when I take them from her.

So, we had her party in NM last Friday. Doh made a wonderful cake as usual.






Sophie's personal assistant helping her unwrap gifts.

What do you do when you're done opening gifts?


Put the bag on your head! That's what everyone does.


I got her new Mary Jane crocs. She's trying to wear them with the shoe hanger thing still in them. They rubbed a huge blister on her foot. Everytime we get in the car she points out her "boo boo" - then picks her nose and says "booga, booga, booga" until I give her a wipe. You should ride with her - I can't make this stuff up.

She's 2. Hard to believe! Her vocabulary continues to grow. She loves to pick out her dress in the mornings. And is learning how to climb out of her crib. Excellent!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I thought I recognized those shoes!!! Glad she loves them as much as my girls did.

The Goddard Family said...

hmmm thought those shoes used to be emalynn's...haha! love the cake, too cute.