I am exhausted. Ben comes home from camp in about 3 hours. I am so ready to co-parent again. It's weeks like these that give me so much respect for single parents. Bless you!
Ben had Young Life camp this week. WyldLife Camp was also this week. We had some great leaders go as well as JB & Bethany Ward. JB is going to be the new YL Area Director in Charleston. They rock! I digress . . .
This has been a fairly emotional week for me. I've randomly cried over the strangest things. Which isn't' really how I function. Things are really starting to set in. Moving out of our house. Ben's last YL trip. Big Kick Soccer Camp next week. And then about 10 days till our assignment at Rockbridge. We have 2 Sundays left in our roles. And the good-bye parties have started. Reality.
I've been learning some things . . .
- Sometimes your biggest strengths can also be your biggest weakness. Ben and I have both been doing things that we're very gifted at (I think) and it's easy to horse up and do it on our own. We're going to a place where we'll both be doing things that are hard for us - staying at home for me and hard core fundraising for Ben. It will have to be a God-thing for both of us.
- People are so very, very generous. We have been the recipient of incredible love, blessing and pure generosity. From free storage to people having a party to help us with the basics of life to so many people helping us move to opening their home to us to stay for a month. We are surrounded by the most wonderful, beautiful, generous people. It is humbling and amazing.
-Everybody Loves Raymond is the best show EVER! I have seen every single episode, some many times. And it makes me straight up laugh. (I'm watching it right now!)
- My children are amazing. They have been such troopers through this transition that is only just beginning. Tonight I put them to bed at the same time and listened to them talk back and forth to each other. It was so funny. I want to enjoy them more and laugh with them more. They are amazing little creatures.
- I have a wonderful husband. I have realized that so many people walk around seeming ok on the outside but are a mess on the inside. I'm thankful for his love and leadership of our family, and his unashamed and passionate love for Jesus. I'm thankful that I can trust his leadership b/c he has been with Jesus.
- I feel like our family has some big things in store. As hard as it is to leave Charleston, I truly believe with all my heart that this is the change our family needs. That is one thing I'm really, really excited about.
- Father's Day is Sunday and I got the BEST gift for Ben. I'm a horrible gift giver. I can't wait to give it to him!
No comments:
Post a Comment