I am temporarily computer-less. It's amazing what your life is like without one. Let's just say that's why we're late on the Father's Day wishes!
Dad - Thank you for being the strong one in our family. Thank you for teaching me the value of meaning what you say, and saying what you mean. You have taught us all what it means to serve people around you by giving your all and the meaning of the word excellence. Thank you for being an example of the fact that discipline sometimes hurts (sometimes the parent more than the child) but it's worth it in the end. Thank you for being the provider and protector of our family. Thank you for supporting us and encouraging Ben and I the way that you do. Thank you for the memories that you are creating for our children.
John - I think I speak for us all when I say that we're so thankful you're a part of our lives. Thank you for loving all of us as if we your own flesh and blood. Thank you for the way that you love and give selflessly. Thank you for the love that you lavish on our kids. Thank you for teaching all of us to love life and have a darn good time doing it. Thank you for the many cars you have repaired and the trips you have taken to do so! Thank you for being you.
Ben - You are a wonderful Dad. Our kids are going to grow up with experiences and memories that most other kids won't have. Thank you for the way that you love them radically with all of your heart. I love watching you be a dad and learn and grow with them. I love the way that you and Ted share a lot of interests. I love the way you are learning to be the dad of a girl. I love the way you make them both laugh. I love the way you take up for me. I love the way you can discipline the kids and then offer your whole hearted forgiveness and move on. I love parenting with you.
To the dad's in my life . . . I love you all. You have made us who we are today. Happy belated Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment