Friday, August 27, 2010

. . .

some misc thoughts running through my head . . .

* i am enjoying not working. Although my days are sometimes really long and I don't know what to do with myself, I have enjoyed spending time with the kids and playing together. I feel like I'm able to support Ben better this way instead of thinking of what I have to do and when to do it. And not having to worry about childcare is amazing. I know I can't take a whole lot off of his plate, but I can help make our home a little more sane.

* 2 is a big year. I was just rereading some of Ted's 2nd year and all the changes that happened. It's right around the corner for Sophie. And I know it's hard to see change and progress when you're in the middle of things. Sophie has been interested in the potty (YAY!) and just straight up makes me laugh. I'm excited for her to get some alone time when Ted goes to preschool. She slept in her "big girl bed" last night for the first time. It's high and big. But she did fine! I feel bad that she's been sleeping in her pack-n-play all summer. That thing can't be comfortable. And I didn't really want to reassemble her crib. So here we go!

* i am really liking our house. It is really such a gift. I wasn't sure about no central air conditioning (I know - I'm a baby) and being on a main road. But it's been good. We got a backyard plaything from a friend. The back deck is great for all the wheeled toys, the basketball hoop and my rocking chair. The window air conditioners are doing the trick. And this house just suites us so well. The location is great as far as being near campus, near the interstate, out of major traffic jam areas and all around a great place. Ted loves the view from his bedroom window. Every night he stands on the bed and says something about "my lights." I love the porches. Spend some time out there by myself everyday! I'll post some pictures soon.

* we have gone to every park in Morgantown - Krepps, Marilla, Jack Robers (I think that's the name), McDonald's, Chik-Fil-A, and the train tables at Barnes and Noble. Just making sure we know all the hotspots. We've even seen several friends at the park when we've been at different ones. It really is a small world. We've also been able to watch the WVU marching band practice several times. The kids love it although Sophie covers here ears while they play and then until we're almost home!

* i miss my friends in Charleston. I really do. But we are reconnecting with so many people from our days in Morgantown and Bridgeport. Old YL kids that are now adults! It's amazing and such a blessing. We've had people over for dinner or been with people almost every night. And there's still many more people to go. We have a staff associate (intern) in Bridgeport and Ben's been spending some time there also introducing him to people and catching up with old friends there.

* this week I'm starting a community women's bible study. I actually babysat for this same one when I was in college. I miss my women's bible study the most I think. And I'm going to check out MOPS on Thursday. I've never done MOPS - mainly b/c of my schedule not needing something else. I just want to get to know people and feel part of the community outside of Young Life.

So, there you go. Pictures to come this week of Ted's first day of preschool, our house, and other misc fun we find ourselves in.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You said you "can't take a whole lot off (Ben's) plate, but you can make your home a little more sane".

I am here to tell you (because Tim's told me a million times), just by making your home sane, you ARE taking a whole lot off his plate. It's a WHOLE PLETHORA of things he no longer has to even think about.

I'm so excited for you!!!

I also love you and miss you!!