Monday, August 23, 2010

here

Well, here we are in Morgantown. 10 days ago, we moved to Morgantown. That sucker Ben pulled his back out as we were leaving camp and wasn't able to move much as we loaded the UHaul and unloaded here. Seriously, how does he do that? Thankfully, we had lots of great help on both ends and were able to load and unload the UHaul in about 1 1/2 hours.

Ben and I spent Thursday-Sunday unpacking and situating our house while the kids were in New Martinsville. We have a great house in a great location in Morgantown. A family that we have known for almost all of our time in Charleston is renting us a house they bought for their kids to live in while in college. We had all 4 of their kids in YL at one point or another. The house is cute and has lots of character. It fits us very well, is a great location, and has a great view from the front porch. It's really growing on me!

Once the kids came back, reality set in. Ben has a lot on his plate. I don't. I'm learning about this stay-at-home mom stuff. We're learning our way around Morgantown. Visiting parks. Watched the WVU marching band practice one day. Relearning the inside of stores. Signing Ted up for soccer. And getting ready for school to start.

Today I started babysitting for a friend of mine who recently moved here too. I'm going to watch her 3 year old son 3 days a week. He's great. I think it will be good for Sophie, too. Ted starts school next Wednesday. He will go 4 full days of week to the WV PreK program. I think once we get in a routine, things will feel a lot better.

Ben is taking one thing at a time. There's a lot of things going on here. Everyday is something new. I'm really proud of him for doing what he can and realizing that it will still be there tomorrow instead of trying to plow through it all at one time. We had our first leadership with the college leaders last night. That was super fun and encouraging.

So, all in all, we're doing well. I can't really talk with people in Charleston right now. Makes me sad. I'm trying to be present and engaged here and now. So, if I haven't called you back - sorry! I will soon. Promise!

No comments: