Ben turned 35 on Friday. Although he's been telling everyone he's 35 since January. I got him gift certificates to different eateries downtown so he could have lunch out on occasion. I also had some friends email me some notes to him. So, throughout the day, I would give him an envelope with a few letters and a gift card. It was one of my better ideas. He want to the Magnolia/Ravenswood AA championship game that night. Derek and JB got him a cak. Thanks, guys!

Ted and I went on a date to see Tangled on Saturday. I really liked it. I was like old school Disney. Princess storyline. Original Music. Great storyline. Two thumbs up from me.

We're doing the Playmobil advent calender. Ted has been having some anxiety/tears about going to school. So, we've moved opening it until after school if he has a good drop off. That seems to be working well. I'm surprised how patient he is with it all coming together.

We put up our tree last week. A couple of years ago we bought a fake tree after too many Charlie Brown trees. I LOVE our tree - bit, full, our big lights, and I finally feel like we have a tree full of ornaments that are for big people. Sophie enjoyed playing in the box.

Ted was actually very helpful. He helped put it together. Watched Charlie Brown while Ben did the lights and then helped with all the ornaments. Sophie went to bed shortly after this picture. She was so funny seeing it in the morning all lit up. I should've videoed her.

We have a new spank policy for children that get up from the table while they are still eating or haven't asked to be excused (there was WAY too much of that). So this is our view now. In case you're wondering - that's taco salad in the bowl.
Ted narrating all the pictures on my screen saver.
Ben made a pizza bubble ring for the game on Saturday. It was taking too long so we moved to the living room. Ted helped with counting out stacks of 2 pepperoni and Sophie was in charge of the cheese on top.
Sophie laying in the cleaned out dress up box.
Ted with his "sleigh"

Ted cutting the hair (grass) of the head things that Doh and Pap got him for his birthday.
So, that's us. I've felt pretty uneventful lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment