Tuesday, December 28, 2010

christmas 2010

Christmas 2010 in a nutshell . . . .


I love our Christmas tree. It's the best fake tree ever.


The kids putting together Ben's stocking - which consisted of coffee pods for his Kuerig. Completely full of them.

We opened gifts with the kids on Christmas Eve morning. Which you will find out later why I am completely grateful that we did it that way.


Sophie got a fort. You can make it however you want. It's indoor/outdoor. It'll be great fun!


This was the gift of the morning. It's from Ben to me - a head massager. Oh my goodness!!


Sophie got a giant dry erase board.




Every Monday when Sophie and I are grocery shopping at Walmart, this is the cell phone she plays with in the check out aisle.


Ben's stocking debris.


Ted got the Playmobil stage.

We played all day and then left for New Martinsville. We didn't go to church here in Morgantown. It was just a weird evening for us. Different. One of those sad moments for us and not being in Charleston at River Ridge. We drove through Chik-Fil-A for dinner (missing the "sorry you had to work tonight cups") and then to New Martinsville.

That night, I fell asleep with Ted and told Ben to wake me up for midnight mass with my family. He woke me up at 11:00 and that's when it started. The nastiest sickness I've had in a very long time. Seriously, I'm pretty sure the last time I threw up was when I was pregnant with Sophie. It was brutal.


So, this is me. This is where I went to bed at 9:00 pm on Christmas Eve and crawled out of bed the morning after Christmas. I tried to do gifts with the kids Christmas morning but that lasted through Sophie's stocking.

The following pictures belong to my mom . . .







Ted got more playmobil, lots of dress up stuff and a Leap Frog Explorer. Sophie got lots of princess dress up stuff, a vacuum cleaner, aqua doodle, and other fun things. I've discovered most of it as I've unpacked today.

Sunday morning I was still feeling not so great. We hung out with my family some and then Uncle Andy and Aunt Courtney came. Funny how all these year's Ben and I have worked around Christmas Eve and Sunday church and now that we don't have to Andy and Courtney do!


Ted got a transformer costume and wore it for 2 days straight - took it off to sleep. Today he wore his new pirate costume all day. Simply b/c the transformer costume is still packed away in someone's suitcase.


I slept a large part of the day. Oh yeah, I neglected to tell you that Christmas evening my sickness (I'll spare you the details) started all over again. So I self medicated with some peptobismol. Only to wake up an hour later with a huge rash. Thankfully the benedryl actually let me sleep for more than an hour. I was so tired after 36 hours of up every hour.


Mario Kart was our family game of the year. Well worth it if we only played it these three days.


This is what Doh and Pap's living room looked like most of the weekend. Just rotated people.


Bumble Bee the transformer.


Sophie the princess. Ted was dressed up as a princess for awhile b/c there was nothing else to dress up in. Made Ben nuts.

So, we were supposed to go to Parkersburg on Monday night and Butler on Tuesday. We decided not to do all of it and to come home. I'm still not feel 100%. Our house has absolutely EXPLODED with laundry, suitcases and many small pieces of many toys. I'm not handling it very well. Ready for the tree to come down and the toys to be put away.

So, it was a weird Christmas all the way around. We're hoping for a relaxing week and some good family time.

This picture pretty much sums it all up . . . Ted took a 3 1/2 hour nap today.



PS - that penguin behind him is the prize he won for playing Bunk(c?)o yesterday. He said that was the best part of Christmas - winning a prize. And his new transformer underwear. I should keep that in mind for next Christmas. In case you wondering, that's his pirate costume he's sleeping in!

PPS - i will say that the only good thing about me being sick over Christmas is that I didn't eat my weight in scotch-a-roos. See's the bright side to everything!

Merry freakin' Christmas!

No comments: