Sunday, January 23, 2011

laura's favorite things

Now, I know I'm no Oprah. But just wanted to share some of my favorite things which most are relatively new finds.


This stuff is amazing for Sophie's hair. No detangler necessary after baths and sometimes not even in the mornings. And there's all sorts of yummy scents.



We're on a fiber kick around our house. Took Ted to the doctor last week for stomach aches. Had an x-ray and he's full of poop. Great. I've decided I absolutely hate whole grain bread. I can barely swallow whole wheat bread. I like straight up white, processed bread. Sigh. Ben and I are also trying to eat healthier. Better choices. Smaller portions. I have a confession: I'm a carb addict. Working on that.


Have you seen this tv show? If you haven't, you need to. Hilarious! 8:00pm Wednesdays on ABC. Give it a couple episodes to get to know the characters. But it's funny!


This stuff is a miracle worker. Sophie was having pretty bad bloody noses again for awhile. No worries about clothes, sheets, blankets, anything.


Sophie's had a pretty rotten cold this week. This stuff has been invaluable. Good stuff.



We don't have a dishwasher anymore. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be - until winter rolled around. My hands were killing me until I broke down and got this stuff. Wow! The commercials are legit.


This is my new favorite dessert. It's made of all natural stuff and is good on pretzels, bananas, apples, strawberries, bread and lots more. So when I'm craving something sweet, I can at least eat it with something semi-healthy. Definitely better than ho-ho's or a huge bowl of ice cream. YUMMY!



This is not new. Since we were on assignment this summer, everyday at naptime I crack open one of these bad boys. I usually allow myself one per day. But then I found out this statistic.: if you drink 1 12 oz can of Coke every day for a year, that's 15.64 POUNDS OF SUGAR that goes in your body. Holy crap. Diet Coke is disgusting and it has artificial sweetners. So that's a no go. I'm weening myself down to 1 every other day.

There you have it. Take it for what it's worth!

On a completely different note. Funny things my kids said this week:

Ted: (After dancing and singing while Ben played guitar for T & S) Mom, I have happy tears. You know, like when someone builds you a house.

Sophie: (from the back seat of the van totally out of no where) Mr. Grinch took our Christmas tree!

And, turning a completely different direction: I will be able to sub after this week. I will be approved at the board meeting this Tuesday . . . That's another topic for another day.

Way to go Steelers!

3 comments:

SkinnyGirlSetFree said...

Hi Laura - I've been reading your blog for a little while...but just now followed.

Try the Fiber One or Fiber Plus bars. They're pretty good! Easier said than done, but, get in plenty of fruit & veggies and keep that white bread! Haha!

Erin said...

SO.....wheat bread. Have you tried the "white" wheat breads? They are much less "wheat-y" tasting. Good luck!

Jessie said...

Never underestimate the value of a prune. People have used them forever, and they taste pretty good. Ted and Sophie might like them.