I'm so behind blogging. But I've been thinking about this one for awhile.
Sophie is a funny kid. We really get a kick out of her. Here are just a few things from recent days.
- Sophie and Ted have started to play house together and they call each other "honey." Except now Sophie call Ted "honey" all the time. He hates it. He tells her over and over again that you just call people "honey" when you're playing house. If she doesn't call him "honey" she calls him "Teddy". NO ONE in our life calls him Teddy (thankfully). I have no idea where she got that one. Also, makes Ted nuts.
- The other day she busted out "dum dum daddy" in the car. Made Ben so proud.
- I've had raw carrots and broccoli for the kids to snack on. You know us and our fiber issues. That child will chew on a raw vegetable for an ungodly amount of time. Seriously, well over 10 minutes. There's not one ounce of exaggeration in that. Sometimes I have to threaten to spank her if she doesn't swallow. It's either that or choke on it. Gross.
- Whenever Ben asks who's going to pray at dinner, she jumps right in with "Dear Jesus, Thank you for mommy and daddy and ted and sophie and millie and mommy and daddy and millie (goes on) . . . and thank you for the food." One night she forgot the "and thank you for the food" part. So halfway through dinner she says, "And dear Jesus, thank you for you the food. I forgot that part."
- Tonight at dinner Ben asked what they learned at church today. The conversation:
Sophie: Jesus died on the cross.
Ben: Oh yeah. Why did Jesus die on the cross?
Sophie: Because he had a tummy hurted.
Ben: Oh, I've never heard that part of the story.
We're getting there. Love this little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment