Tuesday, June 21, 2011
lost tooth . . . literally
I have always dreaded loose teeth. Seriously, I hate the way kids will let them hang on to the very last thread and wiggle and mess and just wear the thing out. Grosses me out completely. One of those "parent things" I've never looked forward to.
Ted's had a loose tooth for about a month. He doesn't say a whole lot about it except occassionally when he's eating an apple or something. This afternoon, he was eating pretzels after camp and I noticed a gap. His tooth was gone. He had no idea. None. I asked him if he swallowed and he said, "I guess so." And moved on. Doesn't seem to bother him.
A couple months ago he informed me that when you lost a tooth you got to write a note and ask for something. He wanted to ask for a scooter. I quickly told him that's not how those things work - maybe a dollar or something. Tonight when he went to bed he told me that he didn't really like the tooth fairy and didn't want her in his room. He suggested something from mommy and daddy in the morning on the kitchen table. He liked that much better. His idea. His choice. I'm cool with that.
Good thing I'm not too sentimental about these kind of things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment