Thursday, June 9, 2011

what's your name?

Today, Ted and Sophie ended up at the same public pool in seperately, without Ben and I. Ted went with the WVU kids' camp he's doing 3 days a week. Sophie went with her new preschool. (All of that reasoning is for a different day). They didn't know that the other one would be there so it was a bit surprising for them to see each other.

On the way to get Ted, Sophie was telling me that she saw Ted and he said, "What's your name?" I wasn't getting much more info from her. So, when I picked up Ted, this is what he told me . . .

Ted: "Mom, today I went to the pool. I saw Sophie but I wasn't sure if it was her. So, I went up to her and said, "What's your name?" She said, "Sophie." And, Mom, it broke my heart b/c I asked her if she was here with Mommy and Daddy and she said no. I thought she was there all by herself. But then I figured out that she was here with her school. And I felt much better."

Me: "You didn't recognize Sophie?"

Ted: "Well, she had a braids in (a dead give-away) and I didn't know she had that swimming suit."

Obviously, Ted does not trust our parenting skills when it comes to leaving our children unattended at the pool! =)

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

absolutely hilarious!~

Lauren said...

this made me teary :) your kids are so sweet!